Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default Marcus Carr Waiver: Appeal Announcement Expected Today (11/14)

He will not be eligible to play this season. He found out today.

That would not be ideal. However, I'd rather have an answer than just nothing, even if I don't like the answer.

So your source is that Carr liked your tweet you sent him, asking if the NCAA had denied his waiver?

OK then.......

Quote Originally Posted by DeathClutch View Post
    So your source is that Carr liked your tweet you sent him, asking if the NCAA had denied his waiver?

OK then.......
    it's a pretty good source death clutch

This is pretty big. With him competing and Murphy and Pre being seniors, that gave them a decent chance to get into the NCAAs. This is a big blow to those hopes.

Is there an appeal process?

Jay Bilas weighs in... Can't say I disagree with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    This is pretty big. With him competing and Murphy and Pre being seniors, that gave them a decent chance to get into the NCAAs. This is a big blow to those hopes.

Pretty sure they were already in the appeals process. I have no details on approved waivers this year, but the chance of getting a waiver because of a coach firing was a long shot from the start. This hurts the possibilities, but with what they have and a hopefully recovered Curry, an NCAA appearance, while not assured, is certainly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMetroGopherFan View Post
    Jay Bilas weighs in... Can't say I disagree with him...

I don't like Jay, but he's not in this fight for Marcus Carr. He's in it because he is functionally opposed to the NCAA in virtually all matters. Hard to bark too much without knowing the details and what the difference was in his case than the seemingly endless other approved waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    Pretty sure they were already in the appeals process. I have no details on approved waivers this year, but the chance of getting a waiver because of a coach firing was a long shot from the start. This hurts the possibilities, but with what they have and a hopefully recovered Curry, an NCAA appearance, while not assured, is certainly possible.
    This should be an NCAA tourney team with or without Carr. He would help of course but I'm hopeful he will still have 3 great seasons here.

Blog Entries

And once again the Wheel doesn't spin the Gophers way. Such BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    I don't like Jay, but he's not in this fight for Marcus Carr. He's in it because he is functionally opposed to the NCAA in virtually all matters. Hard to bark too much without knowing the details and what the difference was in his case than the seemingly endless other approved waivers.
    Beginning to be believe they had values attached.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

We were originally expecting him having to sit out and the coach getting fired usually isn't enough for immediate eligibility.

I'm not mad at the ruling in and of itself, just that we had to wait so long, got our hopes and saw several other players get cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    We were originally expecting him having to sit out and the coach getting fired usually isn't enough for immediate eligibility.

I'm not mad at the ruling in and of itself, just that we had to wait so long, got our hopes and saw several other players get cleared.
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post

You think they won't get into the NCAAs without Carr? You're on something wild. Wow