Rossi on Purdue

Gophers_4life

Banned
Reaction score

Summary: there's not enough time to do much outside of what has already been installed/taught. It would be selfish for me as a coach to come in and change everything. Purdue is a talented offense that is good at big plays, both through the air and on the ground. We have to try to limit their big plays and make them march down the field, keep the ball in front of us, make them kick field goals.

I think this guy (Rossi) knows how to play poker. I think he said something like our defense is going to be roughly the same, and instead I'm hoping it's going to be some aggressive man on man turnover causing blitzkrieg. At least that's what I'm hoping for on Saturday.

I think this guy (Rossi) knows how to play poker. I think he said something like our defense is going to be roughly the same, and instead I'm hoping it's going to be some aggressive man on man turnover causing blitzkrieg. At least that's what I'm hoping for on Saturday.

Hell yeah! Let's get some chaos and let the players have some fun!

Hopefully, but it's probably wishful thinking, given he said himself it would be selfish to totally change it up. There's only so much they can change in a week's time anyway. I don't think we'll see more than a few new wrinkles this week. I do hope one of those wrinkles is seeing our CBs play closer than 10 yards to the LOS. If they're worried about giving up big plays, well, it can't get much worse than it's been, so let's do something different. Let's see some press coverage - disrupt their WRs routes, or at least be in better position for run support.

I suppose he could've been lying on camera, and will unleash a surprise attack on Purdue. Not impossible.

But I doubt it.

Hopefully, but it's probably wishful thinking, given he said himself it would be selfish to totally change it up. There's only so much they can change in a week's time anyway. I don't think we'll see more than a few new wrinkles this week. I do hope one of those wrinkles is seeing our CBs play closer than 10 yards to the LOS. If they're worried about giving up big plays, well, it can't get much worse than it's been, so let's do something different. Let's see some press coverage - disrupt their WRs routes, or at least be in better position for run support.

Yes.

Frankly, if we give up several 70+ TD *passes* ... I just don't give a damn. Make them beat you in the air. If they do, then hat's off to them.

Giving up several long TD **runs** is an embarrassment to the fundamental core of your defense.

Yes.

Frankly, if we give up several 70+ TD *passes* ... I just don't give a damn. Make them beat you in the air. If they do, then hat's off to them.

Giving up several long TD **runs** is an embarrassment to the fundamental core of your defense.

Exactly! What's weird is I don't think the Gophers have given up any long runs like this on the ground at home this year? Can't remember how Iowa scored to be honest

I'm not a fan, how he answers the questions and his demeanor is not screaming this guy can do it, but I hope I'm wrong. A bowl game would be amazing!

Just stop the outside explosive plays. Wisconsin knows to run jet sweeps because MN can't stop them in Robb Smith's scheme.

Rossi - Let's go make lemons out of lemonade!

Top Bottom