Duke

bga1

Reaction score
Wow! 30 + point win versus Kentucky...they are going to be amazing. I think Tre Jones is going to win a national championship which is a pretty cool experience. The trade off is that he is #4 on the pecking order there- he won't be one and done. I would have loved to see him be the star here for a couple of years. Oh well. Pretty hard to criticize the choice, though I wish he would have chosen differently.

Unbeatable if they play at that level the whole year.

Fun fact (sourced from Reddit): Duke's 1.49 pts per poss is higher than any team got against a power conference team all of last season. And they did it against Kentucky.

If the Blue Devils play to their potential and don't suffer any lapses in concentration, they could be one of the best teams we've seen in a long time.

1.49!!! They don't even need to play defense at that rate!

Zion Williamson dropping to #5 on the 247 composite is an absolute joke. He's not only the best recruit in this class - he's the best recruit in a long time. He simply dominates whenever he's on the floor. He will be one of the best players in the NBA within the next 5 years.

Zion has Karl Malone's body, Lebron's first step, and jumps like Jordan. Unstoppable!

Unbeatable if they play at that level the whole year.

Would certainly seem that way as long as they can stay healthy. Going to make for a boring tournament if they are this dominant come March. Hopefully other teams are at least able to hang with them but not a good sign for the rest of the country when they beat Kentucky by 30+ right out of the gate.

Duke is incredible. They will be fun to watch all season. Zion is on a different level than anyone in the college game.

I mean, it's annoying, but Duke is the Alabama of college basketball this year. I did see a funny tweet that Zion Williamson must be a pretty great guy to turn down $40,000.00 dollars from Kansas to go to Duke and for sure, definitely, assuredly not receive any under the table consideration!

We saw an undefeated Kentucky team fall short just a few years back (and they were just as loaded), so there are no guarantees. But Duke sure looked the part last night.

While Duke looked every bit the part of a national championship favorite, this was just one game so far. Very impressive performance though. I'm curious to see how they do in true road games against more veteran teams. Will they still win most games handily? They definitely might.

Not being said though is how vastly over-rated Kentucky might be. Their 5-star freshmen are not anywhere near Duke's level. And they only returned what? 3 guys total who played last year? Also, Kentucky always seems to be made up of great athletes who can't shoot from the outside, except for a maybe a guy or two. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems that way.

I mean, it's annoying, but Duke is the Alabama of college basketball this year. I did see a funny tweet that Zion Williamson must be a pretty great guy to turn down $40,000.00 dollars from Kansas to go to Duke and for sure, definitely, assuredly not receive any under the table consideration!

It's unbelievable how this "little" nugget just gets buried by the mainstream media, particularly ESPN. You're hardly going to find a better indication that a current player is getting paid (i.e., if it's discovered at all, usually it would be after the guy is gone).

The trade off is that he is #4 on the pecking order there- he won't be one and done.
Guessing he doesn't care whatsoever as he can win a national title. Just like Hurt won't care wherever he ends up.

And everyone knows bball and football players get paid. That's how it is. If we every want top ten recruits including from our own state we should really be talking to the Dodge dealers about some Challengers...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is K's most talented team and now they have a true point guard. They will be incredibly hard to beat but to even have a chance you must limit possessions and force a half court game. That was as poor a job defensively as i have ever seen. You run against Duke your going to lose by at least 30.

Wow! 30 + point win versus Kentucky...they are going to be amazing. I think Tre Jones is going to win a national championship which is a pretty cool experience. The trade off is that he is #4 on the pecking order there- he won't be one and done. I would have loved to see him be the star here for a couple of years. Oh well. Pretty hard to criticize the choice, though I wish he would have chosen differently.

Tre may or may not be a one and done but if he isn't, it won't be because he is the #4 option. He'll have plenty of opportunities to showcase his skill to NBA teams. There are a lot of guys who got less minutes than what Tre will get that still ended up as first rounders. Devin Booker didn't even start at UK and ended up being a lottery pick. Daniel Orton only played 13 minutes a game on the John Wall/Demarcus Cousin's Kentucky team and ended up being a first round one and done.

Glorified scrimmage to get ratings for ESPN. I hope Coach K breaks his back or something comparably bad happens to Duke or they fail to reach potential for some other reason. My hatred for his program has reached a new level since he has become the all-time one-and-done tramp (insert horribly insulting noun here).

As for Kentucky, they are usually a mess early in the year but maybe they will be weaker than usual.

Tre may or may not be a one and done but if he isn't, it won't be because he is the #4 option. He'll have plenty of opportunities to showcase his skill to NBA teams. There are a lot of guys who got less minutes than what Tre will get that still ended up as first rounders. Devin Booker didn't even start at UK and ended up being a lottery pick. Daniel Orton only played 13 minutes a game on the John Wall/Demarcus Cousin's Kentucky team and ended up being a first round one and done.

Just watched the 4-5 minute ESPN highlights of the game. Tre only touched the ball twice in all of the game highlights. Once he stoled the ball and went in all alone and missed the layup and the second time he got a pass and quickly passed it to another guy on the perimeter. Not quite the star highlight real. I see what you guys say about Zion, a man amongst boys.

Odds are good that Duke will go 3 for 3 in Mpls Final 4s.

Glorified scrimmage to get ratings for ESPN. I hope Coach K breaks his back or something comparably bad happens to Duke or they fail to reach potential for some other reason. My hatred for his program has reached a new level since he has become the all-time one-and-done tramp (insert horribly insulting noun here).

As for Kentucky, they are usually a mess early in the year but maybe they will be weaker than usual.

Well aren't you a pleasant fellow.

Easy Francis.

Just watched the 4-5 minute ESPN highlights of the game. Tre only touched the ball twice in all of the game highlights. Once he stoled the ball and went in all alone and missed the layup and the second time he got a pass and quickly passed it to another guy on the perimeter. Not quite the star highlight real. I see what you guys say about Zion, a man amongst boys.

He ran point most of the gamw, had 7 assists and no TOd playing next to 3 top 5 picks. He did what hes supposed to do this year. He'll be a passer and a steady presence this year and will be asked to score more next year

When you are as sure of a thing as Zion or RJ Barrett, who would even want to mess with penny-ante sums like that? There's cute girls making more money than that in college waiting tables or tending bar. Not worth a possible scandal. Side payments should be for top 20-150 guys. For sure thing lottery picks just get a loan, do your year, and cash in huge.

I would hope they are good. Their payroll is higher than the Timberwolves. ;)

Might need to pump the brakes on that Kentucky win. Kentucky was losing to the Salukis of Southern Illinois in the second half of their game. Ended up beating them on their home court 71-59 after finally pulling away.

Travis started - 6 points and 5 rebounds. Richards had 19 rebounds!

Last edited:

Top Bottom