New Barn PA announcer

Zeppelin Gopher

Reaction score
I wasn't aware we were debuting someone new last night, and hadn't heard anything about him during the off-season. Anyone know his story?

Dude had some really rough moments:

*Got some names totally wrong a couple times (called Stull "Omersa" after a bucket in the 1st half etc)

*Really crappy intros for Omaha, just name and position. This is college ball- please give us the heights, school years, and hometowns!

*Couldn't quite decide when to speak and when to not (we don't need to be made aware that the ball going out of bounds is a turnover).

Totally agree with OP. Particularly opposing team intros. Weak effort.

Doesn't Julie Pearl have any descendants?

Is it Jamie Verbrugge? Maybe it was a replacement due to illness or something.

Sounds like he came with the new floor:mad:

I wasn't aware we were debuting someone new last night, and hadn't heard anything about him during the off-season. Anyone know his story?

Dude had some really rough moments:

*Got some names totally wrong a couple times (called Stull "Omersa" after a bucket in the 1st half etc)

*Really crappy intros for Omaha, just name and position. This is college ball- please give us the heights, school years, and hometowns!

*Couldn't quite decide when to speak and when to not (we don't need to be made aware that the ball going out of bounds is a turnover).
Sounds like he may be taking too many tips from the NBA where you mumble the visitors intros and yell "out of bounds WOLVES BALL!!!"

Jamie might have just needed a sub last night as it was election night and he's a government employee?

Jamie might have just needed a sub last night as it was election night and he's a government employee?

^Elite analysis. Would fit with the observation that it definitely sounded like the Wolves PA announcer.

Was definitely not Jamie, he was the announcer last season and this was somebody totally new.

Yeah, thats why I asked. He wasn't replaced and it wasn't him. Guessing it was a 1 time thing. Should be good!

We need more Jamie! He needs to be the voice of every sport. I can't get enough Jamie! i just like saying the name: Jamie!

I don't understand. Are you guys saying that government employees don't work election night?

I don't understand. Are you guys saying that government employees don't work election night?

Opposite. Saying he had to work his job on election night so couldn’t announce. Will be back on non-election nights, is the speculation.

Top Bottom