***OFFICIAL OMAHA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Oturu went to the locker room gimpy trainer wrapped ankle and taped up more

And he’s back up — they must have retaped everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jelly dishing dimes tonight. He has 10 assists.

Oturu and Stockman are a big upgrade over Konate and Diedhiou.

they looked good tonight. Stull clearly needs a month or so to get into real game shape but hopefully he can be ready to go by B1G play. Team is a legit 9-10 deep IF Stull gets in shape and Hurt keeps playing with confidence. Matz is an improvement as a backup C and we'll be even better when Curry comes back. Still, Having Carr would be a big deal

Not sure how good Omaha is, but we are several steps better than them.

Good win, they'll be a fun team if they can stay healthy.

Washington with another great game. Last one with his shooting, and this one with assists. I have no idea how he played defensively, but it was fun to watch his passing.

Stockman way better than many on this board predicted. He can pass, catch, and score. He’ll get pushed around a lot though.

Stockman way better than many on this board predicted. He can pass, catch, and score. He’ll get pushed around a lot though.

Against bigger faster stronger bigs he may look a bit different. He's a definite upgrade over Konate/Gaston last year in that he looks to be able to high point a ball, isn't going to kick anyone in the face trying to block their shot and is able to catch a no-look pass. I think Konate was a better guy to throw in there for 3-4 fouls as they were going to "count" but Stockman's 10 minutes per game wont be on pins and needles against most other bigs. He's not banging with Ward though.....

Don't think that Stockman is going to be banging with many including Ward, but like others have said a big improvement from the past couple of years, so far.

I’m anxious to see how we handle the situation when one of our bigs Oturu or Murph get into foul trouble early.

I’ll feel a lot better when Curry is back, but I’d like to see the scenario handled before conference play.

I still see defense as this team’s biggest issue. Allowing Omaha to shoot 45% from 2 and score 76 is pretty concerning. They scored 45 points in the second half. We’re not going to shoot 63% in any conference games.

It’s got to get better to have any chance at making a run.

I still see defense as this team’s biggest issue. Allowing Omaha to shoot 45% from 2 and score 76 is pretty concerning. They scored 45 points in the second half. We’re not going to shoot 63% in any conference games.

Play mcbrayer and Coffey more than 24 minutes and the defense improves significantly. The +/- with those two would be interesting to see. Omaha couldn’t do much with the first 5 on the court.

Fair — but we also let off the pedal with 8 minutes to go in the second half.

Play mcbrayer and Coffey more than 24 minutes and the defense improves significantly. The +/- with those two would be interesting to see. Omaha couldn’t do much with the first 5 on the court.

I unfortunately only got to watch the second half, so maybe that’s why my view was a little negative. I’m sure the bench will shorten in tight games with the guys that can hold a lead.

I unfortunately only got to watch the second half, so maybe that’s why my view was a little negative. I’m sure the bench will shorten in tight games with the guys that can hold a lead.

You’re not wrong. We won’t be defensive juggernauts, which is unfortunate because we have the length to be that. Today was not a high motor Murph day, Otutu is young and or 6-8 players are significant declines in defensive production. Would be nice to have a guard who can guard coming off the bench (carr?!?!) but we don’t have that right now.

Who was the fifth starter tonight besides the Oturu, Coffey, Mac, and Murph?

Some perspective worth considering in this thread... outside of the top 10-15 teams, there is a lot of inconsistency and not all games or halves are flawless.

Omersa needs to develop defensively, Murphy had his way with him in the scrimmage, he looked better tonight but has a way to go, he is going to be good though.

Kalschuer was impressive, he is really going to make a difference.

Top Bottom