New Court Color

I think that the white uniforms on the white floor will cause lots of turnovers also. White on white causes depth perception problems. Also problems quickly finding your teammate.

I think that the white uniforms on the white floor will cause lots of turnovers also. White on white causes depth perception problems. Also problems quickly finding your teammate.
They had too many Tuesday - 18 I think, so you might be right.

If the new floor means we wear gold all the time at home, then I am all for it. Burn the white jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be something with different televisions. Watching the Utah game and the court trim is maroon. Definitely not red like it appears on photos in this thread. Missing the perimeter trim though.

It's marginally better on BTN than BTN + but still too white. At a minimum, stop wearing the white unis.

Court looks good. Maroon is maroon, not red as people were panicking about.

Saw it on TV only,,,Not a fan!!! Need to paint the boarders!

The game tonight was the first time I had seen the new floor. The color was a little jarring at first but got used to it as the game went on. They need to fill the sideline though because it just looks odd. Especially with the raised floor you would think you would want more definition on where the out of bounds area is on the court. The areas under the basket didn't bug me as much but they need more color on the sides.

I liked the floor. It felt fresh and invigorating.

My wife saw it and thought it looked great. She has no connection to MN to sway her opinion of it. More importantly than any of us is what do recruits think.

I'm pretty sure the reason we've turned it over the last two games doesn't have anything to do with the white uniforms. It's not like the other team is wearing white also! Im almost positive they can see each other on the floor lol if it was such a big deal they wouldn't have worn them again last night. I do like the gold though better!

I was at the women's bball opener Friday night and I really liked the floor, it's different. Really like the Barn logo. As someone else stated, hope the recruits like it. I don't think any player is going to make a mistake because of the floor.

Experience number two was for less blinding than number one. I think they adjusted the lighting to make the court and the arena far less bright. I'm for the darker maroon borders as well.

I don't mind the design, but not a fan of the color. It's SO bright. Does not go good with white unis, the players almost blend in.

It give the Barn a much more modern look. It is very nice in person, here is picture from last nights game. They have the ability to change the lighting in the arena to any color they want, it is just a matter of adjusting the the lighting and the cameras to the new situations.

IMG_0332.jpg

At least it's not anthracite.:D

Last edited:

Was in town, and was able to go to the game last night. Count me in the camp that likes the court. It definitely gives a modern look and the court isn’t as dark lighting wise, which I believe helps the players, not to mention there will be fewer fans in the crowd yawning.

Top Bottom