New Court Color

White unis get lost in the court.
hoop.jpg

Last edited:

Not a big fan of the new court, but in person it’s not bad. On TV it’s bad, and that does matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New court totally sucks watching on TV. Bring back the old school look!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

If it sucks on TV, that is awesome. Great way to force more fans to buy tickets.

Maybe it will grow on me. Right now I don't like it.

We could add some oars to it. I think it’s fine - just takes some getting used to. Oars in the other hand... :)

The new plain design looks very similar to Indiana's in Assembly Hall. And that's not a good thing from my POV.

I think the new floor is hideous. The only part I like is the barn insignia. I liked the maroon border. Make it a gold border, but it's too white. Blinding.

If you look at different videos, the court looks different due to the lighting. Last night’s student broadcast made it look snow white, it’s actually more tan.

I don't mind the "white wood" change over the "yellow wood". That part I'm OK with.

But they used the damn wrong color for the maroon! I also agree that it looked better keeping the maroon border. Fans and boosters need to demand a change back to the correct color of maroon and putting the border back.

Go back to "GOLDEN GOPHERS" on the sidelines in gold on a maroon background and "MINNESOTA" on the end lines.

Ditch that scripted "The Barn" nonsense and return to "WILLIAMS ARENA" with the 1960's spinning basketball Goldy!

That would be the best court!

They honestly need to do something regarding how it shows up on TV. It's hideous and hard to watch. It's obvious they did not take that into consideration when choosing the color.

I was thinking Havlicek.
2e7db39b1edf162f383a0acdc692e532.jpg

I don't mind the "white wood" change over the "yellow wood". That part I'm OK with.

But they used the damn wrong color for the maroon! I also agree that it looked better keeping the maroon border. Fans and boosters need to demand a change back to the correct color of maroon and putting the border back.

This is a bit of a mind frack. That maroon is a lot less red in person that it appears in photos. So I took a photo in order to post it on Twitter, and my photo ended up just as red as the other photos but different from how it looks in person. This is really weird.

Even so, it's too red. My best comparison was when the cheerleaders were out there. The female cheer outfits are the most handsome shade of maroon - not as pink as the seats, which are too pink. If they could paint that floor the color of the gals' cheer unis, we'd have something here.

Saw it on TV only,,,Not a fan!!! Need to paint the boarders!

New court totally sucks watching on TV. Bring back the old school look!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by 'old school'? If anything, this court is going back to Williams Arena roots.

williams_1973.jpg

'This is what the Williams arena floor looked like for the first 45 years or so of its history. So in some ways, the new court design is somewhat of a throwback to that period.'

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2018...ut-williams-arenas-new-court-the-barn-gophers

Williams%20Arena%20Gophers.jpg

Why did we ever switch from perfection.

Having thought about this a while, I actually think not having maroon borders is good because it's easier to see the edges of the court now. Meaning highr contrast between the floor and the drop off.

Having thought about this a while, I actually think not having maroon borders is good because it's easier to see the edges of the court now. Meaning highr contrast between the floor and the drop off.

Not sure I get that. Borders and court as the same color seem to blur the distinction between where the court ends, out of bounds begins and the drop-off point. Regardless of the aesthetics, I think the dark/light contrast makes it easier to see the drop-off.

I'm not a fan of the new, but I'm old, and I am rarely a fan of anything new, so my vote doesn't count. I am safety first guy though. If they can prove the new color scheme is safer, I am all in.

If you like staring at fluorescent lights for two hours, you will love the new floor.

If you like staring at fluorescent lights for two hours, you will love the new floor.
I dont think their white uni's are a good idea this year...that looked bad. Maybe just use them on the road!

Seems fitting to have a pasty-white/bleached out floor for the predominantly Scandinavian/Germanic fan base.

Top Bottom