New Court Color

mizzougopher

Reaction score
It may just be me but I HATE the new court color. I do not think it looks good. Maybe it will produce better results though.

It is very bright when trying to watch the action on the court. I don't think it would have been as bad if they would have filled in the sidelines and baselines in maroon.

Maybe it will grow on me. Right now I don't like it.

I wonder whose call that was because whoever it was doesn't have very good judgment or taste.

I don't care what anyone says, the new court maroon looks wrong under the lights and therefore will look wrong to the TV audience.

New:
williams_2018.0.jpg

Old:
gophers-on-court.jpg

They screwed up, and they won't admit it.

Last edited:

No maroon outline around the court looks awful! They could have gone with Gold if they wanted to brighten it up. Not a fan.

Maybe it's a good omen, like when in 1987 the Twins rolled out their new look uniforms and caps (the ones with the red-orange "M" on them). They won their first World Series that year!

I don't care what anyone says, the new court maroon looks wrong under the lights and therefore will look wrong to the TV audience.

New:
http : //cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/YLlhUuOIcFmAGRrlb_yVpOW1YK0=/0x0:1024x576/1520x1013/filters:focal(474x210:636x372):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/60748175/williams_2018.0.jpg

whatever link you used in your "new" court picture isn't working

The Barn / Williams Arena appear to be the right maroon color...the other red is awful. The overall color scheme looks like Ohio State colors

It is very bright when trying to watch the action on the court. I don't think it would have been as bad if they would have filled in the sidelines and baselines in maroon.

Yep. Don't know why they thought to not do that.

Last edited:

I am ok with it
9F48E7BE-397A-4565-80D2-B82C0FC3B89C.jpg

I'm conflicted on the white court. I do think it gives off a nice smooth vibe but it also makes me feel cold. The yellow/golden court gives me a nice warm feel and is more colorful.

Definitely would have been better with a maroon outline like in the past.

I do like the new Barn logo though. Thats a nice touch.

I'm partial to parquet flooring....

Love the floor in person. haven't seen it on TV

The Barn / Williams Arena appear to be the right maroon color...the other red is awful. The overall color scheme looks like Ohio State colors

It looks the same in person. Not sure why TV/pictures show up different

If we wear the gold uni's, they will "pop" on tv

Love the floor in person. haven't seen it on TV
What I have seen of the new court on TV has been limited to local news. There is a big difference between channels. On Ch 5's stories make it super bright and it washes out much of what is happening. Ch 11 seems to use a filter to avoid the washout effect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wonder whose call that was because whoever it was doesn't have very good judgment or taste.

Gopher athletics has a long history of bad judgment and poor taste. The new look will confuse the hell out of Sid, and that's for sure!

New:
williams_2018.0.jpg

Old:
gophers-on-court.jpg

They screwed up, and they won't admit it.

Old version is 100 time better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks awful. I call for demanding it gets changed back by putting up a fuss that eliminating the maroon border is unsafe. Now the raised floor blends with the actual floor...it's about the kids, right?

I like the new one. The old court always looked too dark on tv. The new one brightens it up a lot - though I haven’t seen it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't mind the look of the new court at the scrimmage. We'll see how it plays on TV, which is where I watch 99% of the games. (*Cough* Ticket prices *Cough*) Agree that the maroon border would be a nice touch, tho. Also like "The Barn" insignia.

JTG

The new court was blinding to me in person. I suppose I'll get used to it. Agree with the analysis that the maroon is much too red. It may be an optical illusion, but it looks like there is a little more space out of bounds on the new court than the old. One of my season ticket peers predicts that by the end of the season, the borders will be maroon again.

My thoughts?

I think the court looks fine in person. ... not sure how it translates to TV. I don't mind the simplicity, and appreciate the fact it's not gaudy (like a lot of schools have done). Sure, I miss the maroon trim a bit, but I like the overall look.

What I have seen of the new court on TV has been limited to local news. There is a big difference between channels. On Ch 5's stories make it super bright and it washes out much of what is happening. Ch 11 seems to use a filter to avoid the washout effect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They need to lend one to BTN.

Top Bottom