STrib article on Nate Mason, claims

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/still-re...te-mason-feels-stung-by-bad-advice/499732991/

Late last season, Mason’s hip broke down again, and now he is upset that he followed what he calls “bad advice.” He said the injury caused him to miss his chance to make an NBA team or play professionally overseas.

“This is exactly what I said I didn’t want to happen,” Mason said last month. “It blew up in my face. … It’s been really, really tough. But the school has done a good job helping me out.”

Sorry, posted without finishing title. Should be “claims he got bad medical advice”

Sad though. Loved Nate as a player. Hopefully he gets healthy and gets a shot to make a living playing basketball. A little surprised 10 teams inquired about him.

He doesn’t say in here, but does anyone know exactly what was wrong with his hip? I have a daughter with a bad hip from gymnastics so I’m just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He doesn’t say in here, but does anyone know exactly what was wrong with his hip? I have a daughter with a bad hip from gymnastics so I’m just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Article says torn labrum. Wish him well. Tried not to be selfish when I read the following, but Damn!

"Mason wishes he would have had surgery before last season and was now getting ready to be a fifth-year redshirt senior."

Article says torn labrum. Wish him well. Tried not to be selfish when I read the following, but Damn!

"Mason wishes he would have had surgery before last season and was now getting ready to be a fifth-year redshirt senior."

Wow. This puts additional perspective on last year....

Curry did have surgery.
McBrayer was never healthy.
Coffey had season ending surgery.
Mason play injured all year and should have had surgery.
Lynch....

Holy crap we’d be loaded. I’d seriously put us as B1G title favorites if that had happened.

And if he had known Lynch and Coffey were going to go down last year, maybe he would’ve said screw it, I’m having the surgery.

Between this and the stuff with Curry’s knee, the team doctors have really f’d up the last couple years.

Between this and the stuff with Curry’s knee, the team doctors have really f’d up the last couple years.

Curry’s knee is a completely new injury. He tore his ACL. This is a meniscus tear. Not really sure how the team doctors should prevent cartilage injuries.

Plus the new detail with Amir being surprisingly activated for two games mid injury last season, going against the advice he/Richard received at the Mayo.

Questions should be asked about this.

Curry’s knee is a completely new injury. He tore his ACL. This is a meniscus tear. Not really sure how the team doctors should prevent cartilage injuries.

It’s the same knee, and whether you call it a “new injury” is semantics. He still hasn’t made it back from ACL surgery 14 months ago. Whatever the excuse, be it the surgery or rehab, it hasn’t happened, and along with the Mason situation and Coffey situation last year, the medical results on this team have been piss poor.

Gopher athletics, ladies and gentlemen.

If I didn't know any better, the tone of a couple of Marcus' recent articles (this one + Coffey) suggests there are behind-the-scenes concerns about the Gophers' medical and/or training staffs. Being made the scapegoat for all of the recent injuries/treatments?

Me too, Nate. Me too.

If I didn't know any better, the tone of a couple of Marcus' recent articles (this one + Coffey) suggests there are behind-the-scenes concerns about the Gophers' medical and/or training staffs. Being made the scapegoat for all of the recent injuries/treatments?

Maybe they should be? Seems like we have an inordinate amount of "bad luck" with injuries - both getting them and recovering from them.

Plus the new detail with Amir being surprisingly activated for two games mid injury last season, going against the advice he/Richard received at the Mayo.

Questions should be asked about this.
If they are going to the Mayo for diagnosis/ advice, then it says a lot about their lack of faith in the U's medical staff. However ignoring the advice of the Mayo doctors, and any additional injury resulting from it, falls on the program.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s the same knee, and whether you call it a “new injury” is semantics. He still hasn’t made it back from ACL surgery 14 months ago. Whatever the excuse, be it the surgery or rehab, it hasn’t happened, and along with the Mason situation and Coffey situation last year, the medical results on this team have been piss poor.

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure Curry did play in the secret scrimmage against Creighton.

Top Bottom