Anyone know why Greene didn't make the trip to Champaign?

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Was it injury related or discipline related. Really hoping he can play the last three games and help the offense develop more.

Wondering the same. Gonna start looking at OL play tonight, and interested in seeing how Schlueter did.

JTG

Wondering the same. Gonna start looking at OL play tonight, and interested in seeing how Schlueter did.

JTG

Will be curious to see what you come up with. My guess is it will be not good as Illinois seemed to be able to get a lot of pressure on Morgan all game. Assume it wasn't all Schlueter but given his previous struggles and subsequent benching I would bet he will be responsible for allowing a decent portion of whatever pressure Illinois was able to generate.

I know it was only 1 play, but I watched Dunlap come in for Andries and he took the DT a few yards in the correct direction. Andries, Faalele, and Dunlap are going to be fun to watch and I hope Olson can slide over to replace Weyler next season. It sounds like Weyler has been one of the better centers in the Big Ten this year (ranked #1 run blocking center).

Injury is what Fleck said after game.

The radio announcers mentioned an injury before the game.

JTG

I can tell you that he had a critical false start and then got beat badly for a sack on the next play. So, I'm guessing overall not good.

I can tell you that he had a critical false start and then got beat badly for a sack on the next play. So, I'm guessing overall not good.

Yeah, I remember that. I noticed Andries struggling on a few plays, as well. Will be interesting to see how the numbers stack up.

JTG

Was it injury related or discipline related. Really hoping he can play the last three games and help the offense develop more.

[​IMG]Andy Greder ‏Verified account@andygreder

It’s up in the air on whether #Gophers left tackle Donnell Greene (head) will return after a one-game absence to face Purdue, coach PJ Fleck said Monday.

Schlueter seems to need some one-on-one coaching help.

He seems like he is in his own head a little bit. He is doing things that aren't even physical issues.

He was a pretty solid recruit, MN kid, turned down a skunk offer, you have to pull for him. Hopefully he gets it figured out and he will (at worst) add depth next season.

[​IMG]Andy Greder ‏Verified account@andygreder

It’s up in the air on whether #Gophers left tackle Donnell Greene (head) will return after a one-game absence to face Purdue, coach PJ Fleck said Monday.

Thanks!
One could argue that Greene and OJ Smith are/were in the top six most important players on this team (along with Brooks, Rodney Smith, Weyler, and Coughlin).

Normally I'd be fine with playing somebody else at tackle to close out the season.

But nobody's going to get better if our quarterback gets injured.

Thanks!
One could argue that Greene and OJ Smith are/were in the top six most important players on this team (along with Brooks, Rodney Smith, Weyler, and Coughlin).

Solid theory, though I'd have Winfield in there somewhere too.

Through the first quarter, I graded Schlueter at 85% run blocking, 50% pass blocking. (Pass blocking was reduced by an offside penalty; he was 67% on actual passes.)

Of the four guys I watched on the line, only Olson had a not-crappy first quarter. He approached mediocrity.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?85029-Big-Dan-amp-Co-vs-Illinois

JTG

I did not take a systematic look at the line but did notice Schlueter struggling on a couple of pass plays. Tough spot for him though, switching from the left to the right side. I'm sure that it takes more than a week to make the change.

Top Bottom