Carter Coughlin: "We are going to finish this season the right way."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Outstanding. I'm pulling for you and your brothers to do just that Carter!!!

Bless him. What a great young man. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a class act. I hope they can rebound from the IL. game and upset Purdue.

Awesome tweet! Pull the team together and beat Purdue!

He bleeds Maroon and Gold!

I hope for the kids on defense they have a good game against Purdue.

This year has to be trying for some of them.

Seem to all be good kids and wish them all the best through this transition.

I wonder how much of a factor the D players were in Fleck's decision. I would guess that many of them have expressed their concerns about how horrible they have been. Guys like Cashman, Barber, Huff, etc. have been very effective in the past. Now they seldom make plays like they are capable of.

Its obvious that this D has issues starting with the DL. But they have to be looking forward to the change and be in a better position to give the Gophers a better chance to win and build for next season.

Sometimes changes can make a difference and guys like Carter step up. Who knows, maybe they will play well enough against Purdue and help them restore their pride.

I wonder how much of a factor the D players were in Fleck's decision. I would guess that many of them have expressed their concerns about how horrible they have been. Guys like Cashman, Barber, Huff, etc. have been very effective in the past. Now they seldom make plays like they are capable of.

Its obvious that this D has issues starting with the DL. But they have to be looking forward to the change and be in a better position to give the Gophers a better chance to win and build for next season.

Sometimes changes can make a difference and guys like Carter step up. Who knows, maybe they will play well enough against Purdue and help them restore their pride.

Maybe it got to a point where Robb was confusing even his best players.

Questions we'll never know is how much PJ let Robb do his own thing and then how much did PJ try to "help" in the last few weeks. Also curious if they were always in agreement during this or if PJ had some differing opinions with Robb over the last few weeks.

I was thinking this as well. Fleck and his players are close. Fleck is very open with his players and it’s a 2 way street. He meets with the leaders quite a bit. I’m sure he was getting feedback from them and it got to a point where Smith lost the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coughlin is an impressive guy. A great football player, a leader and good person. Glad he is a Gopher.

Coughlin is an impressive guy. A great football player, a leader and good person. Glad he is a Gopher.
Seems like he could have a great future in just about anything. Maybe a future head coach?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Seems like he could have a great future in just about anything. Maybe a future head coach?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

We could use a defensive coordinator.... I hear he knows our guys...

Always listen to Bayfield Gopher. He is enlightened.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Carter, bring home the AX that will go go along way to bringing confidence back to the fan base who are having severe doubts right now.

Thought this thread deserved a bump. At least for one game Coughlin and the defense backed up his proclamation. Hopefully they do it a couple more times.

Top Bottom