PJ Fleck on Sports Huddle 11-4-18

"it takes a full 2 years to find that out. we've got to make decisions going forward. coming in as a staff, you don't know the team. have to put a recruiting class together. now we have a feel for what we're going to have to do. look at filling out the rest of the 2019 class. make changes accordingly."
Most recent ridiculous, saddest comment from the please don't fire me until my five years are up guy....
"a full 2 years" :clap:
"have to put a recruiting class together. now we have a feel for what we're going to have to do. look at filling out the rest of the 2019 class. make changes accordingly." haha says the man with 24 promises in August
so insecure, it's getting sad
"things will continue to improve as we bring in QB's, develop them in the system." don't blame me, it's my QB's but we got new ones coming .... can't imagine why the players lose confidence and have doubts on occasion and are therefore inconsistent....again one of a thousand my players suck....don't blame me comments

What does money have to do with it? Are you from some other universe? Money always has something to do with it. Whether something is a good or bad deal is always judged by benefits received vs. the costs expended. So far I can't see any benefits other than a more diversified offense.

He may be one of the lower paid coaches in the conference but his compensation is pretty similar to the Purdue, Wisconsin, and Northwestern coaches. With the exception of Scott Frost and Lovie Smith, all of those significantly above him are being paid based on past performance. Smith hasn't delivered much so far but he has a longer and more accomplished coaching history. And Nebraska is just willing to throw money at football coaches until they get it right.

He is making considerably more than either Kill or Claeys even after adjusting for salary inflation.

If you haven't noticed, GWG is in his own universe....where he's always right.

I have not noticed a lot of evidence that the Gophers coaches are teaching firm solid fundamentals. Maybe I haven't gone to too many open practices. We hear PJ saying the ball is the program. Yet, we see a lot of fumbles.

Under Jerry Kill, they really drilled the kids in proper form tackling, securing the ball, etc... in practice. The coaches were on top of the kids all the time.

For those of you who have gone to a few practices under PJ Fleck, do you see any evidence of that? Jerry Kill really and company really went out of their way to develop every single player on the practice field. They emphasized making the techniques instinctive.

I mean when you see Eric Murray tackle someone you know it was a sure thing of beauty.

I can't prove it...but I felt Jerry got more offensive reps in practice with the 2nd group immediately following the first and therefore more defensive opportunities as a result. But of course PJ's practices are done at warp speed...the only evidence I see of that is moving from one drill to the next...not within the drill itself.

At least he said "schematic, coaching, personnel." I hope that means he is starting to figure it out.

I'm doing a pre-order on crow for next year. I don't think a 1000 pounds will be enough for you all.
I am right there with you and I will take the over on 1000 lbs. It starts with having Rodney Smith, Shannon Brooks and A. Winfield back on the field next year and Bateman and Faalele one year older. Faster athletes on defense will help too.

Last week against Indiana we looked like a totally different team with Brooks in the backfield. I was there watching in the rain. The entire game.

I didn't expect us to go to a bowl this year, but I expected the team to execute better. I expected more discipline, fewer blown assignments, and improvement from game 1 to game 12.

Its the last issue that irks me the most. We aren't getting better as the season goes on. Any well coached team does this. With a young team, you should have even more improvement. We are moving backwards and will be lucky if Purdue doesn't hang 63 next week.

I'm doing a pre-order on crow for next year. I don't think a 1000 pounds will be enough for you all.

So Dak St
at Fresno St
GA Southern
at Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
at Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
at Iowa
at N'western
Wisconsin

What kind of record are you expecting? Even 6-6 is a big stretch.

4 - 8. at best. Sad. But watch out in 2020. 8 - 4 or even 9 - 3. You can take it to the bank.

Watch out 2020 —— we comin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 - 8. at best. Sad. But watch out in 2020. 8 - 4 or even 9 - 3. You can take it to the bank.
Sure about that? The 2020 Schedule gets harder:

(two open NC)
Iowa
BYU
at Maryland
at Wisconsin
Michigan
at Illinois
at Michigan St
Purdue
N'western
at Nebraska

Thank you. Also, there’s a very, very good chance we lose to SD State. Likely a close game since it’s at home and we will never play these kind of teams on the road . . . if we played there they probably would be favored. This Gopher team is not very good and it’s more than the tired excuse “we have young players” - they’re not very athletic (particularly on Defense) and we are out coached in every BIG game generally. This theory suddenly we are athletic and organized in 2019 is a stretch. 2020 schedule looks even rougher. Experience only goes so far; bad Freshman may simply be bad players - and being one year older just makes them a bad Sophomore. This outfit has serious deficiencies that need to be addressed soon. Repeating “2020” over and over is not going to change that. Also, just because our offense is not horrific doesn’t mean they’re BIG good either - they are “ok”, but they look like the ‘83 Nebraska team in relation to one of the worst Defensive teams imaginable.

"it takes a full 2 years to find that out. we've got to make decisions going forward. coming in as a staff, you don't know the team. have to put a recruiting class together. now we have a feel for what we're going to have to do. look at filling out the rest of the 2019 class. make changes accordingly."
Most recent ridiculous, saddest comment from the please don't fire me until my five years are up guy....
"a full 2 years" :clap:
"have to put a recruiting class together. now we have a feel for what we're going to have to do. look at filling out the rest of the 2019 class. make changes accordingly." haha says the man with 24 promises in August
so insecure, it's getting sad
"things will continue to improve as we bring in QB's, develop them in the system." don't blame me, it's my QB's but we got new ones coming .... can't imagine why the players lose confidence and have doubts on occasion and are therefore inconsistent....again one of a thousand my players suck....don't blame me comments

If it takes PJF 2 years to assess talent, then we have more problems than I thought. At a minimum, we should have brought in several top juco defense guys to help stabilize things. Instead, we have this.

My biggest fear is that we start losing commits before the first signing day.

So Dak St
at Fresno St
GA Southern
at Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
at Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
at Iowa
at N'western
Wisconsin

What kind of record are you expecting? Even 6-6 is a big stretch.

Oof.

Switching out at Ohio St, at Maryland, and Indiana for at Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St ... not much difference there. Same West teams obviously. Then SDSU which is going to be tougher than most people realize, same level program as NDSU and will have some Minnesota kids who want to prove they should've been recruited to the Big Ten, then Fresno St is looking like another 10+ win season this year and it's in Fresno, and then Georgia Southern is one of the best Sun Belt teams.

Not going to be easy.

Sure about that? The 2020 Schedule gets harder:

(two open NC)
Iowa
BYU
at Maryland
at Wisconsin
Michigan
at Illinois
at Michigan St
Purdue
N'western
at Nebraska

They better schedule two fat, delicious cream puff G5 teams for those remaining two spots!

Top Bottom