I may have trouble getting anyone to go with me to next Saturday's game

Y'all hate her in Minny too? She's the absolute worst. I'd rather listen to toddlers screaming while running out of a daycare fire.
Listening to Mowins is like listening to Reba McEntire talk sports. We all wish she'd just shut up and play on our banjo. [emoji41]

Listening to Mowins is like listening to Reba McEntire talk sports. We all wish she'd just shut up and play on our banjo. [emoji41]

Reba is finger lickin good tho

It's pretty easy on a 65 degree fall afternoon and with a somewhat competitive team but after yesterday's embarrassment and a predicted high temp of 30 next Saturday, even my best friends will probably say they have other plans. And we still don't know what time the game is.

Daw come on... there's a half-decent chance that Brohm hangs 70+ on us! I can't even wait to see the hell he's gong to rain down on our defense.

Sun?? If so Mrs Bayfield and I will vacate our shaded ST's and grab a couple of empty's. We will be sweating in our snowmobile gear.

So sad. I guess regardless of how successful Fleck ends up here or if he fails, I will never understand the level of negativity toward him. Perhaps this is the worst among old guys on Gopherhole but I fondly recall the students chanting "Jerry! Jerry!" during the Kill era and I don't hear anything like that directed at Fleck. I'm worried about the program, and some of Fleck's ideas and decisions have frustrated me. But I have never thought poorly of him as a person.

To his credit, Kill actually spoke out frequently about how game day should be a big party and how he hoped people would turn out. He also backed that up with action with his trips around campus to hand out tickets. Fleck typically downplays the subject and I get the impression that he feels that will all take care of itself. Well, it is taking care of itself right now, but in the wrong direction. Not a lot of enthusiasm out there about the program. There is a lot patience within the core fan base fo the building of a winner. That is where the problem is right now. On the field, there is as much or more evidence of decline as there is building toward something great. Year 1, pass. Year 2 - starting to hold Fleck accountable. Year 3 will be pitchforks and torches if there is no bowl game. It is going to be a struggle to fill many seats at all these last two games. I hope Fleck can turn it around and I wish him well.

I think this was talked about on here at the beginning of the Fleck era. A number of people commented that his style could be infectious if this team experienced early success, but the flip side is that people would turn on him much quicker than a traditional coach if losses piled up. That seems to be happening with the fan base right now.

I think the reaction of the team is going to be the important thing. You see the other teams and their fans making fun and mocking the Row The Boat and the other catch phrases, most notably Nebraska rowing the boat at the end of their first win of the season. Now the team might rally and develop an us against the world mentality or they might start to question if it is all just goofy stuff. Which way they go will play a big part in determining Fleck's future here.

So sad. I guess regardless of how successful Fleck ends up here or if he fails, I will never understand the level of negativity toward him. Perhaps this is the worst among old guys on Gopherhole but I fondly recall the students chanting "Jerry! Jerry!" during the Kill era and I don't hear anything like that directed at Fleck. I'm worried about the program, and some of Fleck's ideas and decisions have frustrated me. But I have never thought poorly of him as a person.

To his credit, Kill actually spoke out frequently about how game day should be a big party and how he hoped people would turn out. He also backed that up with action with his trips around campus to hand out tickets. Fleck typically downplays the subject and I get the impression that he feels that will all take care of itself. Well, it is taking care of itself right now, but in the wrong direction. Not a lot of enthusiasm out there about the program. There is a lot patience within the core fan base fo the building of a winner. That is where the problem is right now. On the field, there is as much or more evidence of decline as there is building toward something great. Year 1, pass. Year 2 - starting to hold Fleck accountable. Year 3 will be pitchforks and torches if there is no bowl game. It is going to be a struggle to fill many seats at all these last two games. I hope Fleck can turn it around and I wish him well.

PJ Fleck may be quirky, but you can never accuse him of not working indefatigably. He takes good care of his players and recruits like harder than anyone I have seen around here.

A combination of things like injuries, lack of depth, etc... plagued the Gophers this year and last year. But, the biggest snafu is hiring Robb Smith which hopefully may not set back the Gophers too far in their rebuilding of the Defense.

Sure, we get upset and frustrated at times like the blowout by Illinois, a team they were supposed to beat handily. This is the nature of discourse in Gopherhole. We vent out. But, all in all we feel optimistic for the long term future. If it wasn't for key injuries, the Gophers may have fared a little better record-wise up to now. Hope springs eternal to Gopher souls.

Free hats being given out to FIRST 10,000 fans this Saturday. So pretty much everyone should get one. Hopefully we don't see video of pallets of undistributed hats being wheeled out after the game.

Free hats being given out to FIRST 10,000 fans this Saturday. So pretty much everyone should get one. Hopefully we don't see video of pallets of undistributed hats being wheeled out after the game.

They may even get two.

Top Bottom