I may have trouble getting anyone to go with me to next Saturday's game

GridironGus

Reaction score
It's pretty easy on a 65 degree fall afternoon and with a somewhat competitive team but after yesterday's embarrassment and a predicted high temp of 30 next Saturday, even my best friends will probably say they have other plans. And we still don't know what time the game is.

It's pretty easy on a 65 degree fall afternoon and with a somewhat competitive team but after yesterday's embarrassment and a predicted high temp of 30 next Saturday, even my best friends will probably say they have other plans. And we still don't know what time the game is.
I thought about giving mine to my Purdue alum friend

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

If you give me triple the face value of the ticket and 48 hours to think about it, I'll let you know if I can go with you.

I’m really dreading trying to get back into the season ticket queue given all the pent up demand.

lol... at least those who watch TV can just turn it off at half time... those at the game will have to push through a mad rush to leave the stadium at half time.

I'm going to be on the field for warm ups....I'm thinking 50\50 chance that I get to PLAY.

I’ll take a ticket just to avoid listening to Mowins

You know what the sad thing is too, especially for Coyle: Fleck turns more people off from the program than he does attract people with his attitude and speak. I really wish he would just come out and speak like a human. Show some transparency and honesty.

I worked for Coach Brewster, and I think there are many difference between the two. But, I will say that things are starting to trend very curiously in the same direction. Especially in terms of game management, something Brewster absolutely had zero grasp over.

Last edited:

Gee Whiz. Best fan post #12 ever. 2:30. Announced two weeks ago.

Not entirely certain if the OP means the Purdue game or the Northwestern game, but I don't think it matters much. I got perfect 50 yard line seats for Minnesota/Northwestern last year in Evanston for $4 each the Friday before and still didn't go because it was 30 and a rainfest. For a 10 win Northwestern team! I didn't miss much. I wonder if they sent ushers home given that whole sections were unused.

If for some reason it rains or gets down under 20 degrees for one of the two remaining home games, we're going to see a nadir in attendance that will make IU look like a sellout.

Last edited:

Y'all hate her in Minny too? She's the absolute worst. I'd rather listen to toddlers screaming while running out of a daycare fire.

She was calling a game a few weeks ago, and I can't remember who was in the booth with her...doesn't matter.

There was a flag on a particular play and the other announcer said something like "I think this is coming back for holding on #65" or something like that. And that was the penalty that was called.

Mowins responded "As much as I hate to admit it, you got that call right".

WTF? Are you trying to make yourself look better by making your partner look bad? I get it that you're trying to be funny, but you just come off like an A-hole saying **** like that. Happens all the time.

I'll go with you as long as you're not one of those guys who insists on standing for every down despite having upper-deck seats (are they upper-deck?) and also turns around and yells at other fans to get up and make noise on 3rd down while pumping your hands in the air.
Actually, I gotta help with my kids' band concert later that afternoon so I can't make it. I'll watch for you on TV.

She was calling a game a few weeks ago, and I can't remember who was in the booth with her...doesn't matter.

There was a flag on a particular play and the other announcer said something like "I think this is coming back for holding on #65" or something like that. And that was the penalty that was called.

Mowins responded "As much as I hate to admit it, you got that call right".

WTF? Are you trying to make yourself look better by making your partner look bad? I get it that you're trying to be funny, but you just come off like an A-hole saying **** like that. Happens all the time.

It would have been good TV if he told her to "get back in the kitchen".

Gee Whiz. Best fan post #12 ever. 2:30. Announced two weeks ago.

This is not even remotely correct. If by "two weeks ago," you mean "two days ago," your statement is accurate.

So sad. I guess regardless of how successful Fleck ends up here or if he fails, I will never understand the level of negativity toward him. Perhaps this is the worst among old guys on Gopherhole but I fondly recall the students chanting "Jerry! Jerry!" during the Kill era and I don't hear anything like that directed at Fleck. I'm worried about the program, and some of Fleck's ideas and decisions have frustrated me. But I have never thought poorly of him as a person.

To his credit, Kill actually spoke out frequently about how game day should be a big party and how he hoped people would turn out. He also backed that up with action with his trips around campus to hand out tickets. Fleck typically downplays the subject and I get the impression that he feels that will all take care of itself. Well, it is taking care of itself right now, but in the wrong direction. Not a lot of enthusiasm out there about the program. There is a lot patience within the core fan base fo the building of a winner. That is where the problem is right now. On the field, there is as much or more evidence of decline as there is building toward something great. Year 1, pass. Year 2 - starting to hold Fleck accountable. Year 3 will be pitchforks and torches if there is no bowl game. It is going to be a struggle to fill many seats at all these last two games. I hope Fleck can turn it around and I wish him well.

My sympathies to you if the team gets routed. On the other hand, super congrats to you if the team pull an upset. Anything can happen.

The tickets were paid for a long time ago. It would be easy to avoid the hassle and watch on TV. But I don't want to quit on the team. If I don't want the players or coaches or other fans to quit, I better not quit either. I think the game day experience is great. I LOVE the band. They work as hard as the team and do a fantastic job. I really respect how hard the cheerleaders work to try and get the crowd to make noise, even when things aren't going well and it's cold and there's not a lot of people there. Not So Fun fact. November 5th, 2016 the Gophers played Purdue at TCF Stadium with the day's high temperature being 66. November 10th, 2018 vs Purdue, the expected high temp is 30.

I'll go with you as long as you're not one of those guys who insists on standing for every down despite having upper-deck seats (are they upper-deck?) and also turns around and yells at other fans to get up and make noise on 3rd down while pumping your hands in the air.
Actually, I gotta help with my kids' band concert later that afternoon so I can't make it. I'll watch for you on TV.
You know that guy too?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tickets for the Northwestern game down to $14 on Stubhub. $22 for this weekend.

Yeah I might be interested as my freezer supply is getting a little low.

Top Bottom