Shooter: Gophers are averaging just 40,441; last year average was 44,367

BleedGopher

Reaction score

The next two games should do wonders for the average.

Next year is going to be interesting. Sure, we have two regional rivals at TCF (Wisconsin and Nebraska), and Penn State, but the rest of the schedule is pretty bad and I'm fairly sure, barring major price changes or a shock end to 2018, people aren't going to be clamoring to sign on for new season tickets.

Ugh

I hope Coyle doesn’t see this. PJ needs more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Coyle doesn’t see this. PJ needs more time.

Firing Fleck now would do wonders for hiring the next coach.

Firing Fleck now would do wonders for hiring the next coach.

I don’t want PJ fired. I agree that would be stupid. He gets 4-years even if this year’s CF continues. My concern is that our AD fires coaches for declining attendance.

Next year is going to be interesting. Sure, we have two regional rivals at TCF (Wisconsin and Nebraska), and Penn State, but the rest of the schedule is pretty bad and I'm fairly sure, barring major price changes or a shock end to 2018, people aren't going to be clamoring to sign on for new season tickets.

Ugh
Winning the ax would be a shock

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Maybe stop getting blown out? Would do wonders for entertainment value.

There is absolutely no valid reason for us not to have a Wisconsin level program.

Surprised we aren’t selling out just with kids that like the uniforms, slogans, and Drake? The campus subway owner hanging an oar on his wall didn’t indicate fan excitement?

I am amazed that people think PJ was going to change attendance in year 1 or year 2. The biggest headlines this program has made in a long, long time were related to the boycott of the Holiday Bowl. Whatever you think about the allegations and how it was handled, I'd hope everybody that reads this is smart enough to know that hearing about 10 guys allegedly sexually assaulting one woman is not going to do wonders for attendance and certainly not entice new fans to the stadium.

How do you increase ticket sales to Gopher football without vastly improving the product? I would bet most in the market have given Gopher football a chance and have thrown up their hands in frustration at some point. You just are not going to sell out games if you are not at least winning a division title every 5 years and winning half your rivalry games. There are fewer and fewer Gopher fans as the years go by and we get further and further away from the last relevant season of Gopher football.

I am amazed that people think PJ was going to change attendance in year 1 or year 2. The biggest headlines this program has made in a long, long time were related to the boycott of the Holiday Bowl. Whatever you think about the allegations and how it was handled, I'd hope everybody that reads this is smart enough to know that hearing about 10 guys allegedly sexually assaulting one woman is not going to do wonders for attendance and certainly not entice new fans to the stadium.

How do you increase ticket sales to Gopher football without vastly improving the product? I would bet most in the market have given Gopher football a chance and have thrown up their hands in frustration at some point. You just are not going to sell out games if you are not at least winning a division title every 5 years and winning half your rivalry games. There are fewer and fewer Gopher fans as the years go by and we get further and further away from the last relevant season of Gopher football.

All that matters, not moral victories or being competitive, relevant,culture, row the boat blah, blah, blah or whatever

Isn't this the 3rd article from Shooter that shows attendance dropping after a bad loss? I know for sure after Nebby he did and I thought he did after Maryland too. Road game or not Shooter is going to keep sticking that dagger into PJ. PJ must not have answered a question he liked or something.

There is absolutely no valid reason for us not to have a Wisconsin level program.

I think it just boils down to the fact that outside a crowd of diehards, gopher football doesn't really have a huge following. In places like Madison, Lincoln, Norman, etc. there's no major city or professional teams - the college teams are the backbone. When there are more fans, there's more pressure for the team to perform.

Iowa State sold out in year two of Campbell

I think it just boils down to the fact that outside a crowd of diehards, gopher football doesn't really have a huge following. In places like Madison, Lincoln, Norman, etc. there's no major city or professional teams - the college teams are the backbone. When there are more fans, there's more pressure for the team to perform.
Compare Minnesota vs Iowa State in year two.

The season average for announced attendance ended at a shade under 38K, approximately 6K per game less than 2017.

Top Bottom