Missing Brewster

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Hopefully this turns out better but Fleck is way, way, way behind Brew in year 2.

Ya but isn't year 3 when Brew really crashed the plane into the mountain?

Brew played Wisconsin tighter than any coach since.

Hopefully this turns out better but Fleck is way, way, way behind Brew in year 2.

Fleck is ahead of Brewster. Basement Brew got beat by more than 20 points 9 times in 3.5 seasons. Fleck's already got 6 whippings under his belt .

Brew had the highest ranked recruiting class - regardless of who claims it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad reality - if Brewster was given the same resources and support as was given to Fleck, I would think the level of success would be the same or higher.

Brewster's downfall was because he was unprepared to handle all the aspects of running a Big 10 program - he, and his staff, were essentially learning on the job. If he had Fleck's total staff compensation so he could have brought in experienced assistants to handle the things he couldn't - his results would have been much better. That is one of the reasons I don't give slack to Fleck - he does not have the excuses that prior coaches legitimately had (Mason - lack of admin support, Claeys - lack of admin support/money).

Brewster-Fleck, what’s the difference?

The sad reality - if Brewster was given the same resources and support as was given to Fleck, I would think the level of success would be the same or higher.

Brewster's downfall was because he was unprepared to handle all the aspects of running a Big 10 program - he, and his staff, were essentially learning on the job. If he had Fleck's total staff compensation so he could have brought in experienced assistants to handle the things he couldn't - his results would have been much better. That is one of the reasons I don't give slack to Fleck - he does not have the excuses that prior coaches legitimately had (Mason - lack of admin support, Claeys - lack of admin support/money).
Birds of a feather...all hype.

Top Bottom