What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Illinois game?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Illinois game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It took until the second offensive series for PJ to call his first time out. This improvement raised the grade from F- to F+.

I’m looking forward to another presser where Fleck himself tells how bad a coach he is.

I went with a D, just out of sheer mercy. I am at the point of feeling sorry for Fleck.

Seriously, the Gophers need to take some of that BTN TV money and hire the best defensive coordinator they can find - even if they have to overpay. But, the cynic in me thinks that Fleck will then respond that they need another 3-4 years of recruiting to bring in the talent needed to run the new defense.

Fleck is a genius just ask him if you do not believe me..Just like other geniuses Smokey joe Salem and jimbo wackier... got rid of stiffs like mason and claeys...and give the AD a raise , up the prices and beg for more donations...it is all good

“Young blah blah blah on me blah blah blah 2020 2020 2020 blah blah blah RTB blah blah blah I need to be better blah blah blah”. This guy is a con. A BS’er since he rolled in here with “HYPR” and all that other silly garbage. This guy is running a mess here. This is a bad team on many, many levels

Solid F today. Many more to follow. Laughable

F, plain and simple.

I might revise it to D- if Robb Smith is fired by Monday at noon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Part of the problem that Coach may not appreciate is that Gopher fans actually got to enjoy decent defense for a few seasons.

There has been decent...to even good...no...even great offensive production within recent memory if you count Mase, Gutey, and Wacker...but having a consistently good D was a relatively new experience.

Regressing there is really tough to swallow.

I'm not saying Coach expected this but it is the reality. We actually know now that having decent D can happen here...yes, even at the University of Minnesota...and we want that back.

Figure it out Coach....

Last edited:

“Young blah blah blah on me blah blah blah 2020 2020 2020 blah blah blah RTB blah blah blah I need to be better blah blah blah”. This guy is a con. A BS’er since he rolled in here with “HYPR” and all that other silly garbage. This guy is running a mess here. This is a bad team on many, many levels

Solid F today. Many more to follow. Laughable

There you go.
Finally letting those bad feelings out.

Gophers found decent linebackers and defensive backs in junior college in the past. They have been our players that have developed and moved on to the pros especially the Kansas Jucos. We need more physically strong and fast players on defense. The coach knows this but not sure he will ever plug the holes like this.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Happy to see some voters are able to see through the negative and give high grades to coach regardless of the tough day.

Breathe in - breathe out. It is called “BIBO” and I like to use it when we are growing through failure pretty much every Big 10 game. It helps when you can string together meaningless acronyms and try pass it off as substance.

Imagine being one of the two people that thinks it's "funny" to vote A. By far PJ's worst performance as a Gopher coach. Every coach I can remember had a really, really bad loss early in their Gopher tenure, but PJ had avoided at least that...until today. It's one of those weird things were so lucky to feel as Gopher football fans...whenever you are sure they are at rock bottom, somehow something even worse occurs. For some the reaction is to reminisce over failed coaches from the past and ignore their rock bottom moments. For me, it's just frustration that this University seemingly never makes the right decisions when hiring coaches for revenue sports. That's not to say I am joining the group that's given up on Fleck already, just that it seems almost impossible to not luck in to one single Rose Bowl and/or Top 10 type season in 30 years. They got the amazing gift of the B1G West and avoiding yearly matchups with the powers of the conference and still can't appear to come any close to actually being relevant in football. Today was an F for Fleck, and it's an F for the University as well. Very discouraged by Coach C and his offense today as I thought they were building something on that side of the football. When you are bringing in Seth Green to run 3 yard Wildcat plays down 21 in the second half, you don't look like you know what you are doing. Robb Smith is a complete disaster on the other side of the football.

How can PJ honestly say they are changing their best everyday when games like this the team seems to look worse than ever since he's been the coach?

How can PJ honestly say they are changing their best everyday when games like this the team seems to look worse than ever since he's been the coach?

Maybe you need to take a look at his chart of success.

It is possible that all the other team are wrapped up in "winning games" and that we are truly finding a new version of success. Just look at the threads on here. Our record and performance are only a state of mind.

justthefacts, LesBolstad, Mr. Gopher all voted A's. Can they explain that? Meanwhile as to my prefer not to vote. I was all over the board on this one. Yes some of it is coaching especially on the defense. However the players need to come to play and do their job. I really believe they took them lightly. I just had mix opinions. However I wouldn't give an A as three have done.

justthefacts, LesBolstad, Mr. Gopher all voted A's. Can they explain that? Meanwhile as to my prefer not to vote. I was all over the board on this one. Yes some of it is coaching especially on the defense. However the players need to come to play and do their job. I really believe they took them lightly. I just had mix opinions. However I wouldn't give an A as three have done.

It's just a joke. It's not like the polls matter. I don't think Coyle is sitting in his office, deciding whether to give Fleck an extension, and firing up the GH polls to see what to do.

Dude, lighten up, it's Gopherhole. I'm going to do an A right now just to irk you.

Is this the worst gopher loss since losing to U of South Dakota? Sure seems like it...

That's the scariest part - they've gotten progressively worse since he's been the head coach.

It's just a joke. It's not like the polls matter. I don't think Coyle is sitting in his office, deciding whether to give Fleck an extension, and firing up the GH polls to see what to do.

It’s everyone’s civic duty to vote!

Bowl game gone for this year. If we fail to make one next year, is PJ on the hot seat?

Face the Facts, you have some kind of hotline to Fleck, when is the press conference going to be posted?

Face the Facts, you have some kind of hotline to Fleck, when is the press conference going to be posted?

He didn't text me yet, but I saw his postgame from Burnsie on Twitter, but I can't post.
I'll see if I can find it.

Maybe time for the whole bunch to go. If I was the AD I would have fired all of them before getting on the bus leaving Champaign.

Top Bottom