What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Illinois game?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Illinois game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I say A. Not his fault. Young team and inherited no talent and bad culture. Rumor is previous staff didn’t even require collared shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think expectations are starting to get to PJ. I think in terms of scrutiny, you could argue the Minnesota job is right up there with Texas and Michigan.

It is possible that all the other team are wrapped up in "winning games" and that we are truly finding a new version of success. Just look at the threads on here. Our record and performance are only a state of mind.

OK, this made me laugh. Seriously, thanks for that...

I say A. Not his fault. Young team and inherited no talent and bad culture. Rumor is previous staff didn’t even require collared shirts.

The ball is the program.

Those are all good points.

We won time of possession and we had the same numbers of first downs.

when your giving up +50 yard plays for scores, the other team doesn't accumulate many first downs nor time of possession, so not sure that is something to tout

Look at the bright side, we can put “row the boat” on anything we want to. Who else has that?

I like Fleck, but I don’t know how this can be anything but an F.

when your giving up +50 yard plays for scores, the other team doesn't accumulate many first downs nor time of possession, so not sure that is something to tout

First Downs are the program

I like Fleck, but I don’t know how this can be anything but an F.

I feel this is justified, but due to my strong support of him, I felt the need to vote "prefer not to respond." As a strong supporter, now is hardly the time to pile on.

That was kind of a joke...
although a sad one.

It's like the Vikings fans who brag how we held Drew Brees to under 200 yards passing, meanwhile you let their other QB throw for about 50 and you also gave them short fields for 5 of their 8 drives and they were killing clock for 2 other drives.

Yeh, way to hold Drew Brees to 200 yards in a 10 point loss. That's great.

I feel this is justified, but due to my strong support of him, I felt the need to vote "prefer not to respond." As a strong supporter, now is hardly the time to pile on.

I can pretty much guarantee Fleck doesn’t read these polls. If he somehow prioritizes reading Gopher Hole, then he SHOULD be fired.

Breathe in - breathe out. It is called “BIBO” and I like to use it when we are growing through failure pretty much every Big 10 game. It helps when you can string together meaningless acronyms and try pass it off as substance.
Sounds like having the poop sweats and doing poop clinch Lamazz as your trying to make it to the bathroom.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

That was kind of a joke...
although a sad one.

It's like the Vikings fans who brag how we held Drew Brees to under 200 yards passing, meanwhile you let their other QB throw for about 50 and you also gave them short fields for 5 of their 8 drives and they were killing clock for 2 other drives.

Yeh, way to hold Drew Brees to 200 yards in a 10 point loss. That's great.

Your analogies need some work

Is there an E (between D&F) for Elite?

You don’t have a grade point average, all work incomplete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I used to laugh watching the Arkansas repeated epic meltdowns when Bulemia had this idiot as defensive coordinator....and then MN hired him...WTF??? Fleck gets a big fat "F" for the decision to hire this idiot.

I can pretty much guarantee Fleck doesn’t read these polls. If he somehow prioritizes reading Gopher Hole, then he SHOULD be fired.

If he is doing things like he did at WMU, he is paying somebody to monitor message boards and other media.

I'm on the boat, but I'm on the garbage scow that's coming around to pick up survivors.

For those saying we can't judge this year on wins and losses, and instead need to look for improvement throughout the year, are you seeing it? Especially on defense?

Can I change my grade to an A because Smith got fired?

For those saying we can't judge this year on wins and losses, and instead need to look for improvement throughout the year, are you seeing it? Especially on defense?

No, I consider this year a complete failure. I'm happy with the offensive improvement, but not enough to offset disappointment with the defense.

I've maintained Fleck needs 4 years and still on am on Fleck wagon. But to me's on the hot seat starting year 3. If the defense doesn't improve next year, I'm off fleck wagon.

Top Bottom