Who does PJ hire as DC?

This is the best. GHole throwing out names of the next potential DC hire.

If Fleck doesn’t fire Robb Smith the meltdown on here just might be the most epic ever.

Last edited:

Can someone provide examples where a new defensive coordinator turned things around?
I can think of plenty of examples where it just delayed the inevitable. Anyone remember Tim Rose?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PURDUE!

Almost every name listed on here has a better resume than Robb Smith. #sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why didn't Fleck's staff come with him from Michigan?

Kill brought an experienced staff with him.

Purdue's coach doesn't care much for Fleck.

The score could be very high Saturday.

Purdue's coach doesn't care much for Fleck.

The score could be very high Saturday.

I’m guessing there are a number of B1G teams then that have coaches that don’t like PJ very much.

Yards:
#55Wyoming3416
#92Minnesota3815

Pts:
#39Wyoming 23.4
#97Minnesota 31.8

Wyoming has better numbers, but not remarkably so with the choices we have..

Hard to know how much of this is due to his coaching and scheming or Bohl. Bohl has extensive experience as a defensive coordinator before becoming a head coach and is still involved heavily on that side of the ball. It’s another perk of having a head coach who has been a coordinator before.

I’m guessing there are a number of B1G teams then that have coaches that don’t like PJ very much.

I get the feeling being loved by his direct competition isn't high on PJ's list of goals. I'm pretty sure most coaches in this league dislike Meyer and Harbaugh yet I doubt those two lose sleep over it.

I get the feeling being loved by his direct competition isn't high on PJ's list of goals. I'm pretty sure most coaches in this league dislike Meyer and Harbaugh yet I doubt those two lose sleep over it.

I suspect you made no effort to read the post I quoted.

He's from KY and recruited Amani Hooker from Park Center. Money talks.

I didn't say he was from Iowa, I said he has strong Iowa roots, which is true. Look at where he went to college as a player (Coe, in Iowa) and look at where he has coached.

Yes, money talks. Can we make him an offer to good to refuse? Perhaps. But there are other factors too. Coaching, from my understanding, runs in circles. Who has worked for who? Who does your mentor know and trust? Etc.

For Fleck to just reach out to a completely different coaching tree and pluck a major branch off ... it would seem unlikely. But, it's a great idea, I'll give you that! Sure, if we had a chance to get him, bring him onboard!

Scottie Hazelton at Wyoming deserves a look. Nice resume and getting it done at Wyoming under Bohl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottie_Hazelton

A lot of those guys at Wyoming now have been with Bohl for many years, back to NDSU days, and are hoping he does enough at Wyoming to earn a chance at a P5 head job, so they can get taken along. That's my wild guess. Similar to Kill's staff.

I think PJ makes a big hire for DC. If he messes up this hire, his job is on the line. He will shot as high as he can because he won’t get a second chance.

It's tough to be a D Coordinator these days. Need to stop many styles of offenses. Wisky power running game, spread read option, pro style, etc. With our offense, we just need to be middle of the pack on D and our win total grows. How do you pick the next DC?

Beat any of the remaining opponents, and I will feel better. At least a teensy bit better.

This is the best. GHole throwing out names of the next potential DC hire.

If Fleck doesn’t fire Robb Smith the meltdown on here just might be the most epic ever.

Call me prescient [emoji1]

I think PJ makes a big hire for DC. If he messes up this hire, his job is on the line. He will shot as high as he can because he won’t get a second chance.

If PJ says the new DC is a real kill shot I’m officially turning in my oars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get Mike Sherels back to coach LB's for the rest of the season! :)

Chris Ash will probably be available. I like the Scottie Hazelton idea too.

I'm guessing 99% of us haven't heard of the guy he will eventually hire. It's not like this is a highly sought after location. Not to mention, Fleck "is not for everybody." It'll be an under the radar small school guy, or an up and coming asst. we've never heard of.

You are correct. As Gopher fans we all know this is how it will play out.

Is OSU going to move on from Greg Schiano.
That would be PJ's dream hire, but Schiano should get a real HC job as well again.

It's tough to be a D Coordinator these days. Need to stop many styles of offenses. Wisky power running game, spread read option, pro style, etc.

For starters, it would helpful to stop one of those styles. :D

JTG

Top Bottom