Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    As a resident of The Woodlands, TX, I can tell you the Winfield name is highly respected on the football field. When my friends saw that Austin had accepted an offer to play at Minnesota they were all greatly surprised. When I shared with them that Austin is a PWO their reaction was, Oh, well that makes sense. Austin is no Antoine according to my friends that are in the know. They don't anticipate Austin being the same type of player that Antoine is.

BTW, The Woodlands High School is one of the mega high schools in Texas. Each class boasts approximately 1500 kids. The ninth graders have their own campus, so the actual high school is 10-12.
    Thats interesting because Gophersports just created a page for Austin with his HS stats and they were arguably better than Antoine's, at least on defense. Had more tackles, TFL's and one more INT.

Austin: "as a senior, made 113 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, three interceptions and forced three fumbles"

Antoine: "as a senior, totaled 87 tackles, five forced fumbles and picked off a pair of passes • averaged 21 yards per punt return that included a 92-yard return for a touchdown"

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    PWO don’t sign anything ....
    All the PWO's today signed an acceptance of admission and many sign an NLI as well although with PWO's, NLI's aren't legally binding and more just ceremonial.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Thats interesting because Gophersports just created a page for Austin with his HS stats and they were arguably better than Antoine's, at least on defense. Had more tackles, TFL's and one more INT.

Austin: "as a senior, made 113 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, three interceptions and forced three fumbles"

Antoine: "as a senior, totaled 87 tackles, five forced fumbles and picked off a pair of passes • averaged 21 yards per punt return that included a 92-yard return for a touchdown"
    Stats/production play a role of course in projecting a kid to the next level but there's a lot more that goes into it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    Stats/production play a role of course in projecting a kid to the next level but there's a lot more that goes into it than that.
    I know, I was responding to the "Austin is no Antoine according to my friends in the know." Based on those numbers it looks like he was every bit the player Antoine was at the high school level.

All the PWO's today signed an acceptance of admission and many sign an NLI as well although with PWO's, NLI's aren't legally binding and more just ceremonial.
    Thank you. Good to be educated when I’m wrong.

For those who are concerned about Austin's size I can tell you like many GH'ers reading this could; he will be the 3rd Winfield that I will watch play. Like his brother and Dad he is not very tall but they just dominate on the field. Don't question the genes!

Quote Originally Posted by oldauggie View Post
    For those who are concerned about Austin's size I can tell you like many GH'ers reading this could; he will be the 3rd Winfield that I will watch play. Like his brother and Dad he is not very tall but they just dominate on the field. Don't question the genes!
    Genes go a long ways in this case!!

What is his recruiting rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    What is his recruiting rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since 247 dropped their dots and then their red bars I can't make heads or tails of their ratings. What was once solid information is now just guesswork.

Blog Entries

All I can tell you is that Antoine was a legend in high school and completely dominated at his position. His little brother may turn out to make some nice contributions to the Gophers, but when they are both at their best, Antoine is just a better player than Austin, period end of story!

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Since 247 dropped their dots and then their red bars I can't make heads or tails of their ratings. What was once solid information is now just guesswork.
    Hasn't it always been?