Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skauma View Post
    How many 6'4 receivers will he be facing?
    12

    Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk


  2. #32

    Default

    I know it's a different position, but I remember people saying that Steven Richardson was too short to play DT in the B1G. How'd that work out?

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    I know it's a different position, but I remember people saying that Steven Richardson was too short to play DT in the B1G. How'd that work out?
    Well the coach that recruited him got fired in part for bad recruiting?


    Too soon?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New River, AZ
    Posts
    5,425

    Default

    Only 1/4 of the fan posts have been negative. Things are getting better on GH!!!
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Well the coach that recruited him got fired in part for bad recruiting?


    Too soon?
    Doubt he was fired for recruiting Richardson. Richardson balled out for four years. We'd be blessed to get another version.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    I know it's a different position, but I remember people saying that Steven Richardson was too short to play DT in the B1G. How'd that work out?
    Well like I said, if anyone were to prove me wrong it would be a Winfield. Huge fan of Antoine Sr and Jr.

    Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

  7. #37

    Default

    If this kid is really fast and anywhere near as good a tackler as his big brother, I’d take him at 5 feet tall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherSteak View Post
    Doubt he was fired for recruiting Richardson. Richardson balled out for four years. We'd be blessed to get another version.
    I know

  9. #39

    Default

    Exactly ! Pound for pound SR. was and JR. is a fundamentally sound, tough tackler. Does not guarantee Austin will be but definitely worth a shot.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Anoka County via the Iron Range
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Sometimes you've gotta go for it....He's worth a shot....

    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

  11. #41

    Default

    He could probably play RB at that height, but he won’t be a starter on defense.
    As a WO, being a solid contributor on special teams and a leader/culture guy would be a good outcome from my perspective.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    I know it's a different position, but I remember people saying that Steven Richardson was too short to play DT in the B1G. How'd that work out?
    Playing safety at 5-5, 155 is a little different than playing DT at 5-11, 290.

    Not saying Winfield won't make an impact. Not saying he will make an impact either.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    If this kid is really fast and anywhere near as good a tackler as his big brother, I’d take him at 5 feet tall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This x 100000000000000000000000000000.

    How anybody can be questioning taking another winfield kid is pretty unbelievable. His brother is not only one of the best defensive players we have had in a long time, he's also one of the most dynamic athletes on the team and in the B1G when healthy. Anybody who questions this is a complete moron.
    Who hates iowa?

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    This x 100000000000000000000000000000.

    How anybody can be questioning taking another winfield kid is pretty unbelievable. His brother is not only one of the best defensive players we have had in a long time, he's also one of the most dynamic athletes on the team and in the B1G when healthy. Anybody who questions this is a complete moron.
    Where in this thread did someone say he shouldn't be a Golden Gopher football player?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    His brother is not only one of the best defensive players we have had in a long time, he's also one of the most dynamic athletes on the team and in the B1G when healthy.
    At 5-10 205

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •