***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Coming off an entertaining win over IU, Gophers travel to UI in an attempt to string back to back Big Ten wins and put the Gophers that much closer to bowl eligibility. Morgan will be under center with some confidence and moxie and we'll trot out one of the top WR corps in the Big Ten. Limit the turnovers, score early and keep their crowd out of it.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already nervous for this game. Need to jump out to an early lead.

I have to go out of town today, so will be DVR'ing the game for later playback.

I'm with UpAndUnder. Games like this make me nervous. I still remember an Illinois game a few years ago where the Gophers were favored, and they pi**ed it away. I think Cobb lost a key fumble if I remember correctly.

As far as jumping out to an early lead, they did that last week. I want to see 4 quarters of consistent football. Yeah, they're young, and consistency is an issue for young teams. That doesn't mean I can't want it. (Of course, I wanted a pony for Christmas, and ..........)

For some reason I’m just not that into this game. Just want to get through this one and on to Purdue. Will be very hyped for that one, particularly if Brooks is back.

Hopefully the Gophers get up early and play a solid game. Gotta wonder how many people will be in the stands for this one? More nervous or not that Lovie will be calling the defenses today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to get some momentum going and put away a team that's very beatable. Don't let them hang around. Break their will early and get them in pack it in mode. Get it done.

If the Gophers don't win by double digits......our bowl chances look grim. Purdue, NW, and Wisconsin all look like possible wins. Maybe not likely.......but possible.

If the Gophers don't win by double digits......our bowl chances look grim. Purdue, NW, and Wisconsin all look like possible wins. Maybe not likely.......but possible.

Any win is a good one - even a 1 point thriller won in the closing seconds. The bottom line is if we finish with 6 wins we go to a bowl. If we lose this one it will be very tough to get to 6 wins but not impossible. We could still get in with 5 wins but that is very unlikely. Let's just get the W here - we need this one!!

How does the margin of victory affect out bowl chances?

You know they don’t have to cover the spread for the win to count, right?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OJ Smith traveled to Illinois. Maybe we'll see him back on the field today.

Dave Lee is on the radio calling a d3 game. proof positive the U football program was trash in almost every way for 50 years.

Dave Lee is on the radio calling a d3 game. proof positive the U football program was trash in almost every way for 50 years.

On the bright side ol Country Hearth Dave Lee is not calling Gopher games any longer.

OJ and Shenault and Brooks are in street clothes - darn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shout out to the fans that made the trip to Champaign! Make some noise (we might be able to hear you on tv)!

How does the margin of victory affect out bowl chances?

You know they don’t have to cover the spread for the win to count, right?

It doesn't, and you know that. Would you feel better about our future games if we won by three? Would you feel differently if they won by 30? So....maybe you should shut the fu%k up and don't be an a$$hat.

Big loss. He is being replaced by Sam Schlueter.

Dang, wonder if it is injury of discipline related.....Hopefully we can burn the Illinois defense with lots of quick passes and the O-Line won't be asked to do a ton.

Top Bottom