***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I agree.

Robb Smith doesn’t seem to know how to stop anyone running a spread without playing a ton of man. And we don’t have players to run man.

Any spread team is going to light us up right now. Our best remaining chance at a win is honestly probably Wisconsin.

Right on. We lack the speed and combine that with poor tackling it’s a bad combo.

I am really surprised that the offense looks so bad today. I think the loss of Greene is huge but Morgan does not have time and Illinois has taken away the quick slants.
Oh yeah and the turnovers. Jeebus christo

Dude it’s no use going down this road.

The last memory of the previous regime is the effort in a meaningless bowl game. Recency bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem going down that road. We were losers then. We are losers now. Even in the peak of the Kill regime we lost to a terrible Illinois team on the road. It's frustrating, and it sucks. Things will get better over the next few years.

Claeys could put together a better defensive effort with a high school team. Fleck will not survive next season in Minnesota.

Well that’ll be good then. Normally we waste 4-7 years with coaches. That’d only be 3

Barn burner
Iowa and purdue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad matchup? Illinois is one of the worst teams in the power 5. Anyone excusing this should be ashamed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have no problem going down that road. We were losers then. We are losers now. Even in the peak of the Kill regime we lost to a terrible Illinois team on the road. It's frustrating, and it sucks. Things will get better over the next few years.

We won eight games? You're a loser, your coach is a loser. Claeys is coaching for a top 10 team right now. Fleck's not even going to have a job in 2020.

If Robb Smith is a man of integrity, he will resign immediately.

Did we sprint between quarters.
Hard to believe we can get beat with motivation like that. Not the coach’s fault.

Claeys could put together a better defensive effort with a high school team. Fleck will not survive next season in Minnesota.

Fleck will survive next season and he will be here on 2020 too.

Stop with the hyperbole.

We are going to have to listen to the no talent spin the rest of the season.

When Fleck has a good season next season, and in 2020, you should try banning yourself.

Fleck will survive next season and he will be here on 2020 too.

Stop with the hyperbole.

How? Nobody is going to buy tickets to this **** next year. Minnesota won't be able to pay him.

Bad matchup? Illinois is one of the worst teams in the power 5. Anyone excusing this should be ashamed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
At the end of this day Illinois is only going to have two fewer wins than the Messiah Jeff Brohm

Stop hiring head coaches who haven’t proven their mastery of X and O’s by being coordinators first. It makes it difficult to trust them to make good coordinator choices.

Funny stuff. Keep telling yourself that. You seriously want to keep Robb and his staff?

No idea about Smith. I don't know if he can get it done or not. Last year's defense was decent despite an offense that couldn't move the ball. This season's roster deficiencies were happening regardless.

Can't pin it all on the coaches until all the players are theirs. The very clear deficiencies roster wise on this team are not Fleck's fault.

That said I think Smith gets fired after this season because I don't think he is getting it done scheme wise and figuring out how to make the players he has work.

Understatement of the season.

Did we sprint between quarters.
Hard to believe we can get beat with motivation like that. Not the coach’s fault.

Don’t think the effort was very good today.
Offensively and defensively bad game plans.

Do you really not think any of this is on the coaches?

Bateman = Growth = Youth.

Now about that that D.

+1000

I fukkin hate the PJ hire now LOL
Man o man I wanted to like it, this bit has reached the outer orbit of stupidity

The hire is the hire. He has time to right the ship, but he’s dig himself a bigger whole to dig out of.

Don’t think the effort was very good today.
Offensively and defensively bad game plans.

Do you really not think any of this is on the coaches?

Can’t be.
Young players. Little talent. Bad culture.
Takes time.

Top Bottom