***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I miss our old defense. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just a matter of time, the Illini could easily be undefeated coming into this game.

Nope. However why was green in??????? We need points and a lot of them.

Probably best to run the rest of the day. The line can’t block again and they’ve figured out our preferred passing routes.

At this point...could we even beat Rutgers...???

Well I said I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith was back next year as Fleck’s job isn’t in jeopardy.

If Fleck wants to be taken seriously Smith shouldn’t be back.

PJ Fleck and Kirk Ciarocca are getting schooled by Lovie Smith. Robb Smith gets schooled by everyone.

Well it I said I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith was back next year as Fleck’s job isn’t in jeopardy.

He shouldn’t be back next game. Not next season.

I hope Illinois hits 60. That is the only way something will change.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Illinois is a good team. Tough environment. No talent in upperclassmen. Can’t blame coach’s for this one. RTB

Well I said I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith was back next year as Fleck’s job isn’t in jeopardy.

If Fleck wants to be taken seriously, Robb Smith will find his own way back to Minnesota and clear out his office.

Looks to be only a few thousand fans in the seats watching their dumpster fire team beat our squad to a pulp.

I hope Illinois hits 60. That is the only way something will change.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m personally hoping for a crazy comeback win, but whatever floats your boat.

Gopher Football, embarrassing the State of Minnesota once again.

I always love the try return the kick down big to make an impact and you get no yards plus a holding and end up at your own 15

PJ said this would take time. No shortcuts. Moving in the right direction.

This is woof. What is Illinois doing on defense to take away our passing game? Other than the Oline being a mess today.

I was going to make a MAC comment but the 2-7 MAC team Illinois played only lost by 7.

Would make a FCS comment but the FCS team Illinois played lost by 20 and I'm not sure we can beat that.

This was predictable. Got rid of the best defensive staff in modern program history.

Would be interesting to see what Claeys would do with this exact same defensive personnel. My guess is that we would be better but I don't know that any coach could make this group good. We survived under Claeys with great defensive backs who could makeup for the lack of pass rush. The lack of pass rush is still a problem but we also don't seem to have the DBs that can cover for that lack of pass rush anymore.

I think we've crossed the line where Fleck's focus on culture is taking away from Minnesota's focus on football.

The OLine has been getting destroyed in pass protection.

This is worse than the Grey Ghost loss four years ago.

Top Bottom