***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Well glad he got to throw it away. I was worried we’d take a sack.

Considering how bad the defense played being down 7 at halftime to these guys is manageable. Somehow stop the big plays and we can definitely win this one.

What the world? That might have been the first time I’ve ever seen Gopher football on the beneficial end of a terrible call. Awful.

Wow we got a major gift there.

I've often talked with friends about how Minnesota sports teams, through a combination of bad luck and ref bias (conscious and unconscious), have been screwed by the officials far more often than they have been helped. I don't mean going call by call - that evens out over time. But calls (or lack of calls) on big plays have cost us games FAR more often than they have helped us. Everyone here knows what I mean - B.S. pass interference vs. Penn State, getting fooled by the border of the paint in the end zone vs. Purdue, etc. I could name a bunch of times that Minnesota teams have lost games due to bad calls at crucial moments and only a few times where an important missed call worked in our favor. If we do come back and win this game, this call joins that group. If it had been called an incomplete pass originally, I could understand how you don't overturn it, but I have no clue how they managed to overturn that call.

What a cluster of a half. Yikes we suck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All of our onside kicks this year have failed and somehow we recover a squib kick we weren't even trying for. Wow.

After Illinois' second TD could anyone imagine we'd only be down by a score at the end of the half

As a part of the fanboys, 2 things going our way.

1)we are young

2)yummmmm on Flecks pullover!

Enough for us

First half wasn't a lot of fun. Gunna DVR the rest and watch a little later. See you all on the other side.

Three huge plays given up by the D. A call went your way and only down by 7. If your Minnesota you’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, Bateman never had possession of that ball. I can’t believe it’s even being debated. Slow it down and pause it a few times.

Considering how bad the defense played being down 7 at halftime to these guys is manageable. Somehow stop the big plays and we can definitely win this one.

Yes, 316 yards given up at the half. If we cut that to less than 200 in the second half we have a chance. Our offense needs to play better in the second half as well.

Wow. What happened? I just got home. I don't like Tanner Morgan's body language, and the Illini Defense looked animated.

Did the Gophers get burned again by big plays?

Wow. What happened? I just got home. I don't like Tanner Morgan's body language, and the Illini Defense looked animated.

Did the Gophers get burned again by big plays?

Why would you ask that???

This is smelling like the Bottom Of The Barrel Bowl. Let's see who s#cks the most.

I watched the season opening tie between the Steelers and the Browns. The football in Illinois today could be worse.

Guys, Bateman never had possession of that ball. I can’t believe it’s even being debated. Slow it down and pause it a few times.

Similar calls have gone the other way. It’s arguable but when the exact same scenario went against us a few weeks ago fair to say we were gifted. I’d be irate if I were an Illini fan.

Top Bottom