***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA DULUTH AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Finally we have hoops!!!!!!!!!!!!! The off-season always feels long, especially our offseason as we haven't played a game since February! But optimism is back with a few injured guys back healthy, three new freshmen and at least two transfers ready to contribute, hopefully three. Let's hope the Gophers take care of business tonight and get the full bench some PT, though I anticipate the top 8-9 will play most of the game regardless due to us only having one exhibition game.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UMD coming off a 12-18 season (7-15 conference) in 2017-2018. They are returning their tops 3 scorers from last season. Brandon Myer led the team in scoring (19.8ppg) and rebounding (7.6rpg). He is 6'7", 195lbs. Guessing Coffey gets him to start.

Feels good to see the game day thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the exhibition on tv? Or the B1G online version?

Nm. I see BTN plus. It’s that time of year that I have to pay for 2 months of those student run productions. Smh. Boy I miss the days of MSC.

Nm. I see BTN plus. It’s that time of year that I have to pay for 2 months of those student run productions. Smh. Boy I miss the days of MSC.

Where are Dick Bremer and Jim Dutcher when you need them?

The offseason is so long. I'm pumped that we're finally getting some college basketball! I'm sick of seeing highlights on ESPN of the Non-Basketball-Association...

To be fair, MSC/FSN didn't televise every non-conference game, and certainly not every exhibition. And that was with no hockey team for several years.

Willis is sitting out the season, so no. Carr can't play until the waiver gets granted, if it does.

I think you're correct that sit-out transfers cannot play, but I want to say red shirt players can. I think Charles Buggs played in the exhibition game the year he red shirted.

Wasn't game time 7:00? No TV. No Radio. Not even live stats. Did the game get delayed?

Btn2go has it. I always get the team pass for the month. Only 8 bucks

Last edited:

Following Ryan James twitter feed might be your best bet. He says we’re up 38-16 at the moment. Starting lineup of Coffey, Kalscheur, McBrayer, Murphy, Oturu.

The new floor, woof. My retinas. Hopefully I will get used to it.

Burns tweeted out the height of the Duluth starting lineup...6-2. 6-1, 6-3, 6-1, 6-5.

The bad news...we are getting out shot 40-28 at the half. The good news is we are up 61-25.

Oturu looking good.

Haven't seen anything out of Stull yet from a production, not minutes standpoint.

I know it's very early and against a DII team of course, but I think Oturu can definitely have the type of season that Coffey had for us two years ago, especially with Curry out. I'm starting to think Oturu might have started over him even before the surgery.

This floor is blinding level bright

It's pure white. I hope that's just the BTN Student U camera

And my eyes.. I can confirm it’s white with super light grayish streak texture.

How's Brock and Matz looking?

Matz showed a couple lightning fast rolls to the basket.

Brock is really slow — going to be tough to get separation and could be a liability defensively.

Following Ryan James twitter feed might be your best bet. He says we’re up 38-16 at the moment. Starting lineup of Coffey, Kalscheur, McBrayer, Murphy, Oturu.

Thanks for the head's up.

Hmm...Jelly Fam not in the starting lineup.

Would have been nice to get a glimpse of Carr.....oh well.

Oturu finishes with 17, 10 and four blocks.

Isaiah had 18, 7/8 from the field.

Thanks for the head's up.

Hmm...Jelly Fam not in the starting lineup.

Gonna be nice having him on the floor with hurt and some of the other non scorers. He can score in a phone booth and hurt is a good cutter. His defense is going to be suspect against good big 10 point guards as he doesn’t have quicks or effort to defend the pick n roll.

Top Bottom