2018 College Football Head Coach Fire and Hire Thread

Houston was never in the Big 12. They were in the SWC, though, same conference as Texas, Texas A&M, Arkansas, for many years.

True, but I think most got my point. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True......for now. Houston has spent over $230 million dollars on capital project updates and has new athletic facilities and a new indoor practice facility. It is what, the third largest city in the nation?? Has large recruiting base not only around Houston but in Louisiana.

True, if a coach could close the recruiting border around just Houston metro alone, even in a relative sense say >50% of the top D1 recruits, you would probably have a top 25 class.

From ESPN:

Rod Carey, who led Northern Illinois to the Mid-American Conference title last season, has agreed to become the next head football coach at Temple, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Temple has either gotten very lucky, or something has worked well for them the past few years, first with Matt Rhule (now at Baylor) and then Geoff Collins (now at Georgia Tech). So will be interesting if Carey can keep that up.

There’s a good chance Northern Illinois’ next football coach will have ties to Wisconsin, according to reports Monday from FootballScoop.com and ESPN.

Badgers offensive coordinator Joe Rudolph, SMU defensive coordinator Kevin Kane and Ravens running backs coach Thomas Hammock are three names to watch for the Huskies job, ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg tweeted.

Top Bottom