Purdue Game Time.....

There are plenty of reasons why it is inconvenient to not have the game time listed this close to the game. Mrs. BMG and I have a wedding that evening, 11 means we go to the game and the wedding, 2:30 means we can't, but would like to have as much heads up as possible to find someone to use our tickets who is a gopher fan. Before you ask, yes the bride and groom are U alums, and no, I dont know what they were thinking scheduling a wedding on gameday.

There are plenty of reasons why it is inconvenient to not have the game time listed this close to the game. Mrs. BMG and I have a wedding that evening, 11 means we go to the game and the wedding, 2:30 means we can't, but would like to have as much heads up as possible to find someone to use our tickets who is a gopher fan. Before you ask, yes the bride and groom are U alums, and no, I dont know what they were thinking scheduling a wedding on gameday.

Some people...

qbc5KtI.gif

Thanks for the helpful tips about flying back to Indianapolis!

:cool:

Generally they announce these game times on Sunday the week before the game. The networks own college sports and there is a system they use to pick which network gets which game. So in week 11 or whatever it is, it might go: FS1, Big Ten, ESPN2, so they wait to see which games they want or don't want.

Yes, it is Minnesota vs. Purdue but someone has to broadcast Illinois vs. Rutgers so they probably want to make sure they don't get the ****tiest game of the week because a few fans wanted to know the game time sooner.

Yes. It's TV networks trying eek out every last little bit of ratings, by putting a game they thing is "better" or more likely to attract TV viewers at particular times .... and they base that on who has won which games.

What I can't figure out is if 11am or 230pm is supposed to be the "better" slot for maximizing TV viewership on BTN. I would've said 230pm, but there have been arguments in here for 11am.

If Gophers win, and especially if Purdue beats Iowa .... then this game could be considered one of the top ones on BTN this Sat.

Yes. It's TV networks trying eek out every last little bit of ratings, by putting a game they thing is "better" or more likely to attract TV viewers at particular times .... and they base that on who has won which games.

What I can't figure out is if 11am or 230pm is supposed to be the "better" slot for maximizing TV viewership on BTN. I would've said 230pm, but there have been arguments in here for 11am.

If Gophers win, and especially if Purdue beats Iowa .... then this game could be considered one of the top ones on BTN this Sat.

I think the "better" time slot is based on what else is happening at that time. You don't want to be up against Alabama vs. Auburn (for instance) on ABC and roll out Ohio St vs. Penn State (for instance) because you're going up against another marquee game. Better to play at 11am (less desirable) when the other games at that time are trash.

I'd bet a room full of people and computers decides a lot of this for the networks. Millions of dollars at stake...cant just say "Oh, Minnesota vs. Purdue should be at 11am because _______"

I may have missed - or it was buried with no news.

But am I correct to assume we are in the ever "Fan Friendly" portion of the schedule where they will let us know a whopping 7 days in advance of kick off time.

This is by far the most annoying part of the scheduling. It does appear that with FS1 and Fox picking up 11 am games, that when we are down and not near the top that our games are pushed to 2:30 slot on BTN as last choice or near last choice.

In the the Big Ten alone these games got the "6 day hold:

Illinois vs. Nebraska
Northwestern vs. Iowa
Purdue vs. Minnesota
Wisconsin vs. Penn State

That is WAY too many games to be on hold until 6 days before kickoff.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom