Purdue Game Time.....

NNerland

Reaction score
I may have missed - or it was buried with no news.

But am I correct to assume we are in the ever "Fan Friendly" portion of the schedule where they will let us know a whopping 7 days in advance of kick off time.

This is by far the most annoying part of the scheduling. It does appear that with FS1 and Fox picking up 11 am games, that when we are down and not near the top that our games are pushed to 2:30 slot on BTN as last choice or near last choice.

Totally absurd.

12 days in advance is barely acceptable. Not knowing kick time 6 days in advance is just dumb

7 Big Ten Games and last year there were:

4 11am games
2 2:30pm games
1 6:00pm game

during week 11.

A few years ago, the "turd" games were generally at 11:00, with one good match-up at 11:00, two better match-ups at 2:30, then a "premium" match-up at 7:00. Obviously depending how many good games there were any week and adjusted for when there weren't night games.

This year, it feels like it's all over the board. For example, not long ago the MN-IL game would have almost been a lock to be 11:00 (on BTN+ or ESPN 8 - the Ocho!). With FS1 and Fox nationally broadcasting B1G games it seems like maybe they're trying to distribute things a little more evenly? Or maybe they're listening to the Central Time Zone teams that don't want 11:00 start times?

I'm personally not a huge fan of 11:00 games (especially home games), so I'm enjoying the fact they haven't had one yet at home. I'm assuming this was already known, but GopherSports.com is showing all remaining games as "11:00 AM or 2:30 PM". Not that anyone would have thought otherwise, and I think they already announced the night games, but thought I'd mention it.

I would appreciate any effort they can to mix it up so all turd games aren't during the same timeslot.

I was surprised last year when the Mich / OSU game was at 11:00 CT start.

A few years ago, the "turd" games were generally at 11:00, with one good match-up at 11:00, two better match-ups at 2:30, then a "premium" match-up at 7:00. Obviously depending how many good games there were any week and adjusted for when there weren't night games.

This year, it feels like it's all over the board. For example, not long ago the MN-IL game would have almost been a lock to be 11:00 (on BTN+ or ESPN 8 - the Ocho!). With FS1 and Fox nationally broadcasting B1G games it seems like maybe they're trying to distribute things a little more evenly? Or maybe they're listening to the Central Time Zone teams that don't want 11:00 start times?

I'm personally not a huge fan of 11:00 games (especially home games), so I'm enjoying the fact they haven't had one yet at home. I'm assuming this was already known, but GopherSports.com is showing all remaining games as "11:00 AM or 2:30 PM". Not that anyone would have thought otherwise, and I think they already announced the night games, but thought I'd mention it.

At one time I thought the B1G had a no night game in November rule? Is that still a thing? I'm guessing no but too lazy to look up game times on my phone.

Last edited:

I would appreciate any effort they can to mix it up so all turd games aren't during the same timeslot.

I was surprised last year when the Mich / OSU game was at 11:00 CT start.

Michigan/Ohio St. has been played at 11 am for many years. It's basically sacrosanct at this point.

At one time I thought the B1G had a no night game in November rule? Is that still a thing? I'm guessing no but too lazy to look up game times on my phone.

There was a lot of talk about a "rule" but I don't think it was "official" as much as the official's just didn't do the thing (i'm threading a needle here..).

Having said that I don't think there is anything that prevents it from happening if they were to simply choose otherwise.

I want to say in the last few years I heard the B1G say that it wasn't a rule set in stone....

This is nuts.

I want to attend the game, but I can't buy a freaking flight yet.

Won’t be announced until they know what Minn and Purdue do this Sat. My guess

This is nuts.

I want to attend the game, but I can't buy a freaking flight yet.

We prob will hear the time on Monday.

Yeah it's a stupid system.

It's MN and Purdue for cripes sake.... pick a time.

Flying back on Sat night? That don’t make no sense.

Maybe hoping to fly in early Sat morning? Just fly in after work on Friday.

Flying back on Sat night? That don’t make no sense.

Maybe hoping to fly in early Sat morning? Just fly in after work on Friday.

So it makes sense then? ;)

Maybe has something going on so he has to go back early.

Fly in to watch the game ... and fly out the same day? To each his own, but that doesn't make any sense to me ... unless you got the flight for like $50 or something like that. If you're spending hundreds to get here, why not make a weekend of it??

Last edited:

Fly in to watch the game ... and fly out the same day? To each his own, but that doesn't make any sense to me ... unless you got the flight for like $50 or something like that. If you're spending hundreds to get here, why not make a weekend of it??

I don't think he indicated when he would be coming to Minnesota, just that the game time will decide when he goes back.

You can fly back on Saturday with a 2:30 pm start. There's an 8:10 pm flight leaving IND that arrives in MSP at 10:53 pm. It's the exact same price as flights that leave at 4:50 pm and 6:38 pm.

It makes no difference.

Um. He'd be flying into Minneapolis for the game.

I don't think he indicated when he would be coming to Minnesota, just that the game time will decide when he goes back.

It's a nice try ... but still not buying it. Who flies out on a Saturday night?? Just fly Sunday morning, man.

Top Bottom