Maybe Our RB Talent is Sneaky Good

Sadly, my man Femi-Cole is nowhere to be found on that list. I was always high on him. Clearly, I was the only one.

Add me to the Femi-Cole list. BTW he had some very good blocks in pass protection.

Add me to the Femi-Cole list. BTW he had some very good blocks in pass protection.

Out of curiosity, why is Femi-Cole so popular with fans here? Played his high school ball in Canada so it isn't the local angle and he has done very little so far in his Gopher career. Did he have a big Spring Game at some point?

I don't really have an opinion on him either way, would love it if he was an impact guy for us but that doesn't really seem to be in the cards for him. Honestly interested to know why he is so popular with quite a few of the posters here outside of having a cool name.

Not to take anything away from him but that defense looked...bad. What are boots on the ground saying about this guy - Power 5 running back or defensive player?

I travel the state quite a bit and was talking to some folks from Owatonna and they see a brighter future for Williamson on the defensive side of the ball, probably at LB if he gets a little bigger.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is hard to judge how good Jason Williamson will be at the next level where everyone else is bigger and faster than what he faces in high school.

It appears that he is gang busters above HS defenses and also appears to have good instincts.

Does anybody know what his 40 time is?

Only thing I saw online was a 4.65 40.

Looking ahead to next season

With Smith and Brooks coming back next year as Seniors and Ibrahim being a sophomore, what do you think the chances are we will try and use Williams in only 4 games to redshirt him?

Unless there are a ton of injuries next year too, I expect Williams to redshirt next year. It makes sense. He can still play 4 games if we're short-handed a few games. He should have redshirted this year.

Out of curiosity, why is Femi-Cole so popular with fans here? Played his high school ball in Canada so it isn't the local angle and he has done very little so far in his Gopher career. Did he have a big Spring Game at some point?

I don't really have an opinion on him either way, would love it if he was an impact guy for us but that doesn't really seem to be in the cards for him. Honestly interested to know why he is so popular with quite a few of the posters here outside of having a cool name.

Videos like this really got me thinking he'd be a stud. Kill also talked him up a bit on signing day.

This one is from the summer going into his junior year of HS I believe.

His strength reminded me of Thomas Tapeh.

Videos like this really got me thinking he'd be a stud. Kill also talked him up a bit on signing day.

This one is from the summer going into his junior year of HS I believe.

Horrible form/technique. How has he not had a back injury yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I travel the state quite a bit and was talking to some folks from Owatonna and they see a brighter future for Williamson on the defensive side of the ball, probably at LB if he gets a little bigger.

His profile lists his positions at RB and then FS. We could really use a good safety even for backup depth. Imagine the coaches will take an evaluation and hopefully even talk with the kid.

Where is nolan Edmunds in all of this? Was hoping to be seeing him towards the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

His profile lists his positions at RB and then FS. We could really use a good safety even for backup depth. Imagine the coaches will take an evaluation and hopefully even talk with the kid.

Just reporting what a couple of guys who watch a lot of Owatonna football told me.

JFC was never going to play this year - he isn’t as good as the other 4 guys.

Edmonds was destined to redshirt after Williams played better in fall camp.

London is also on the roster. He appears to be a prime transfer candidate.

There is no reason to redshirt Williams next year. Chances are he will get some carries and we don’t need 3 sophomore running backs in 2020 plus Wiley and Potts.

Top Bottom