Curry Undergoes Surgical Procedure, expected to miss 4-6 weeks

CHNN%20500x500%20300x300.jpg

Last edited:

Pretty sure he was not allowed to say at that time. Medical comments are not his to make until they are known.

I don’t know enough of the details but if he’s getting his feet under him after the surgery still I’m basically expecting not much out of him this year and will be happy with more than that.

Pretty sure he was not allowed to say at that time. Medical comments are not his to make until they are known.
This.

Hope Curry is back and full strength for the real Big Ten season in January.

Curry's Mom chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Pitino chimes in:

Injury Update
Unfortunately Eric Curry had to have another surgery and will be out four to six weeks. I can't stress how important Eric is to our team. We need him back healthy and better than ever! It's going to be a very challenging November without him. Everyone else is going to have to step up.

Eric Curry - Unfortunately had to have surgery again and will miss the next four to six weeks. Huge blow for our team. We will eagerly await his return. Feel so bad for Eric because he worked so hard to get back. He has to keep the faith and stay positive. We will stay on him!

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/10/29/mens-basketball-pitino-blog-scrimmage-wrap-up.aspx

Go Gophers!!

Let's hope for a speedy recovery for this young man. The upside for him is getting through all of this...will just make him better in the end. In the meantime, unfortunately, I am sure he and his family are disappointed; sure stinks to be injured especially when it comes on the heals of injury. It is a good time to be student of the game and to truly appreciate health when he is back on the court. Gopher fans should give him extra cheers.

I'm so bummed out from this news. Now obviously none of us are at the practices (all we heard was that he was being limited), but even before this new surgery, I was fully expecting Curry to possibly need the bulk of the non-conference to shake off the rust and get his confidence back. I really hope the surgery was minor, but 4-6 weeks sure doesn't seem like it. Crossing my fingers he can fully contribute without any limitations for the Big Ten season (starting in January).

This puts a ton of pressure on Oturu and Stockman. I hope they're ready!

Yes, I’m similarly bummed. We really need a great year to get back on track with recruiting. We need Carr more than ever to be cleared to play. Can we ever catch a break?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a character check...pitino did not want to let the cat out of the bag at that time and or was caught off guard with the question..should have said he was having the procedure .

There's this minor thing called HIPAA that Pitino has to follow. If Curry didn't want it released to schmucks like you, he has no option but to not discuss it. Relax- it doesn't reflect in his character at all

Get better, young man...you obviously have a great family behind you. You've had some tough injuries but good things happen to good people so your time will come!

Go Gophers!!!

Count me as one of the few who isn't overly concerned about the surgery or his absence. Not much you can do about it, you just don't know how the knee will react when you start using it again after rehab. Good to have the scope clean-up now, rather than potentially risk something worse happening.

I've dislocated my kneecap three times, don't wish the pain on my worst enemy. I now wear a knee brace when doing any type of athletic activity.

The good news for Curry is that he's only a sophomore and has a ton of time to make an impact. The next four weeks will be all about getting the strength and stability back in that knee. My guess with him is the staff will play it cautiously and use the Arkansas State, North Florida, NC A&T and Mount St. Mary's stretch to get his conditioning back before Big 10 play goes in full swing. He'll want to play before that, but they can't rush him back.

We have the depth to survive a 5-10 game absence, especially if Oturu and Stockman can keep up what they did in the scrimmage. I'll be curious to see how their first couple games go. Heck, even Omersa can give some minutes off the bench. And if Carr gets his waiver, even better.

I'll keep saying it -- This team if it can stay healthy can legitimately get to the second weekend of the Big Dance.

The third surgery is the one that will break my heart.

As someone who has had these same surgeries on a similar timeline, you'd be surprised. I walked out of the hospital the day I had the surgery. If its a simple scope to remove part of the meniscus OR just clean up some floating stuff, it can be pretty quick. I'm guessing the err on the side of the caution and its longer but he should be back practicing in a few weeks

Being able to walk =/= rigors of playing in a basketball game.

Top Bottom