Curry Undergoes Surgical Procedure, expected to miss 4-6 weeks

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 29, 2018

Curry Undergoes Surgical Procedure

University of Minnesota redshirt sophomore Eric Curry underwent successful surgery on his left knee, head men's basketball coach Richard Pitino announced Monday.

Curry, a 6-9 forward from Memphis, Tenn., is expected to miss 4-6 weeks as he recovers from the procedure.

Go Gophers!!

This sucks. I just wish he could get healthy.

I'd guess torn meniscus that they cut out instead of repaired (which is sometimes the only option)

Good thing we still have Stockman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I was thinking we could get to our first game without a suspension or injury! What was I thinking?

so pitino lied through his teeth when asked yesterday if Curry would play in the season opener and he said he did not know

so pitino lied through his teeth when asked yesterday if Curry would play in the season opener and he said he did not know

Or he just didn’t know the serverity of it at the time. On the bright side, while we’ll be inexperienced in the front court there are some solid options there and I could see us going small in certain cases with Hurt at the 4. Sucks for EC though. Seems like a great guy

No wonder Curry looked depressed sitting in US Bank Stadium last night watching the Vikings game. So can we win the tougher non-conference games without him? Six weeks means he only misses two Big 10 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the trauma his knee has already endured I would think Curry will be more in the 6-week versus 4-week time frame. Feel bad for the young man.
An inauspicious start to the season to be sure.

Given the trauma his knee has already endured I would think Curry will be more in the 6-week versus 4-week time frame. Feel bad for the young man.
An inauspicious start to the season to be sure.

As someone who has had these same surgeries on a similar timeline, you'd be surprised. I walked out of the hospital the day I had the surgery. If its a simple scope to remove part of the meniscus OR just clean up some floating stuff, it can be pretty quick. I'm guessing the err on the side of the caution and its longer but he should be back practicing in a few weeks

The decision probably had not been made and it is not the coaches decision.

The decision probably had not been made and it is not the coaches decision.

Surgery was scheduled therefore required an orthopedic evaluation as well as scheduling a surgery team and 8 to 12 hours fasting ...so yes curry and pitino knew about it yesterday afternoon

Last edited:

Surgery was scheduled therefore required an orthopedic evaluation as well as scheduling a surgery team and 8 to 12 hours fasting ...so yes curry and pitino knew about it yesterday afternoon

What benefit would there be to lie yesterday?

Who cares if he lied might have been at the wish of Curry. Who gives a F either way. Coaches bs all the time ask Bill Self.

Who cares if he lied might have been at the wish of Curry. Who gives a F either way. Coaches bs all the time ask Bill Self.

Yes, it's really pretty irrelevant. It's not like we can impeach coaches for not telling the truth at press conferences.

Just a character check...pitino did not want to let the cat out of the bag at that time and or was caught off guard with the question..should have said he was having the procedure .

Just a character check...pitino did not want to let the cat out of the bag at that time and or was caught off guard with the question..should have said he was having the procedure .

Why does it even matter? Who's getting upset over this?

Well, your character check just came up "Dink."

What benefit would there be to lie yesterday?

Every story would have been about that rather than the scrimmage. Perfectly understandable. Also, even if he knew about the surgery, he may not have known the timeline. Obviously he won't be ready to play in 8 days. But it may be less than 4-6 weeks.

Glad Stockman returned to the team. If he didn't we'd have three frontline players and two would be freshmen.

Man Gopher dans complain about the strangest things. So Pitino said he didn’t know. Even if he did know (which I am sure he did) he didn’t want to answer that question at the time. Who cares?

Top Bottom