STrib: Hill-Murray football player suffers brain bleed during playoff game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

Zach Zarembinski, a standout two-way lineman for Hill-Murray’s football team, suffered a brain bleed on his left side during a Saturday afternoon playoff game and was taken by ambulance to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

His mother, Tracy, wrote in a CaringBridge post Sunday that “he received an emergency craniotomy to remove the left side of his skull to allow his brain to swell. He immediately responded positively. He stayed stable overnight.”

Hill-Murray activities director Bill Lechner, who attended the Pioneers game Saturday at St. Paul Johnson High School, said Zarembinski “jogged off the field” with teammates after a punt.

“Then all of a sudden they’re yelling for us,” said Lechner, who credited athletic trainer Laura Henn for quickly getting Zarembinski the needed care.

Hill-Murray coach Pete Bercich posted Sunday on Twitter, "We want to thank the St. Paul Fire Dept and the EMTs for their amazing response as they saved a young man's life."

Zarembinski's mother wrote that her son “suffered an injury resulting in a brain bleed on his left side.” Lechner said he did not notice Zarembinski, a 6-2, 308-pound senior, in any prior distress in the Class 4A, Section 3 semifinal game, a 28-0 St. Paul Johnson victory.

“No one saw a hit or anything,” Lechner said.

http://www.startribune.com/hill-mur...rs-brain-bleed-during-playoff-game/498835341/

Prayers to this young man. May he have swift and full recovery.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Scary for his friends and family. Hope he can recover.

Awful to read about. Hope for a speedy recovery for a fellow Pioneer...

That's just awful; especially for such a young person. I sure hope it was minor and he recovers. If there's some sort of venous malformation in the brain it can hemorrhage at any time with few to no previous symptoms. My wife had the same thing in her 40s and it disabled her...a congenital thing.

Wake up call in that football is not everything. Hopefully he'll escape from this problem and get it corrected. Hang in there Zach. May you have peace through this ordeal.

Top Bottom