Shama suggests Gophers should play late season home games at U.S. Bank Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I wonder how penn state, tOSU, Wisconsin, both Michigan teams and so on do it when it rains and snows? Gophers must be the only team that plays outside when that happens.

Um, no thank you... with sarcastic tone and a dirty look...

FU Shama

I waited 25 years to get out of a crappy indoor stadium. I have no intention of returning to another one. Quit killing trees to write this sh&t.

If we could fill the stadium it may be cool for 1 game a year. Not now though

I wonder how penn state, tOSU, Wisconsin, both Michigan teams and so on do it when it rains and snows? Gophers must be the only team that plays outside when that happens.

Penn State had a good number of open seats against Iowa, but even still, it was probably 60-70k in attendance.

Nope! I have yet to go to US Bank Stadium for anything. Last time I’ve been to that site was the 55-0 loss to Iowa at the Metrodump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's like an iowa state level of a stupid idea

The opener being on Thursday would be great to be a game to host there. It's already a useless game for me to go to.

I wouldn't mind doing a neutral site game there.

Shama often has some pretty good, well-thought-out ideas. This is not one of them. This is on the level of New Coke.

Nope, we waited and wasted to many years off campus. Shamass can go suck an egg.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I lived through that nightmare with old Sid always talking about how great it was for the GOPHER to play football in that damn dome. Does Shama want to become known as the new "old Sid" who always thought it was great for GOPHER FOOTBALL to play in the covered home of the professional teams? (Shama sounds like the name of a great white shark or maybe the most recent SEA WORLD attraction.)

This makes me very sad to hear that some writer even conceived of such a "nightmare on East BANK..." horror story. SHOVE IT, Shama.

I live in San Diego and make a point of going back in hopes of watching games in weather. This year I will attend the Purdue and Northwestern games. My favorite game so far was the Illinois game that Brooks put away with a late 70-yard run. It was 18 degrees at kickoff. Awesome!

Yeah let's have games with 30-40,000 badger, Squawkeye, or Huskers fans in attendance at the end of the season. Not!!!

Yes! Our last game should be on the Friday after Thanksgiving at US Bank Stadium thereby bouncing the high school playoffs to TCF Bank Stadium. Then we can have more handwringing about us big footing high school football. Cool.

A quick scan of the comments on that tweet showed him getting a thorough lashing, as he should. One of the more ridiculous takes I have seen regarding Gopher football.

I would LOVE a neutral site "away" game there however, and I would tolerate (not prefer) a one time late season home game there in the same way Northwestern has wanted to play at Wrigley. Any more than that and I'd be writing letters to the AD.

I think his replies answered the question for him

Yeah he got destroyed in the reply section. I would put this comment in the same stratosphere of his one suggesting a week or so ago that Rutgers made a smart move when they hired Kill to run the offense.

Maybe he is just going for sarcasm or humor and he is just really really really bad at it.

If the Gophers were something like 6-1 (3-1) heading into IU and sporting a national ranking there would have been a lot more people there. Sign recruits, not contingency leases.

Outdoor football is one of the things that makes it great. No thanks

So Shama isn't just dumb like the other articles indicate? He's just a weak troll then?

US Bank Stadium is a charmless corporate hellhole, and the Bank is the best sports venue in the TC. Other than that, great idea.

Top Bottom