Beating Bucky with a freshman running back

swingman

Reaction score
True frosh Isaiah Bowser, no other power five offers besides Northwestern, gets 117 yards on 34 carries vs Badgers. Down to number four running back in Evanston.

Heisman hopeful Jonathan Taylor held to 46 yards.

Hornibrook concussion not only issue. Wisconsin may have lost left tackle Van Lanen for season during game. Big defensive tackle Sagapolu also injured during game. Wisconsin missing three of top guys in secondary, defensive lineman Loudermilk still out, bunch of other injuries on dline, top wr and top te out.

Both these teams are beatable for Gophs down the stretch.

All 4 games are winnable as the West if very mediocre this season with Wisconsin finally coming back down to earth some. If the offense takes care of the ball and the defense limits the number of big plays it gives up we have a shot. We won't be favored in any of the games outside of maybe Illinois but we shouldn't be massive underdogs in any of them either.

If we get the win against Illinois this weekend I like our chances of taking at least 1 of those final 3 with the potential to win more.

I’d almost be willing to argue that WI is a more winnable game than NW. I’d take that trade off

I’d almost be willing to argue that WI is a more winnable game than NW. I’d take that trade off

Simply because of playing style I might agree with this.

The gophers can’t stop spread offenses right now. They might be able to slow down a non spread

Simply because of playing style I might agree with this.

The gophers can’t stop spread offenses right now. They might be able to slow down a non spread

If we can hold Taylor to Indiana numbers vs. Nebraska numbers, that will be the key. Game on the line I’d take Thorson over hornibrook

Everyone is beatable right now. Best team in the West is probably Iowa but they have some issues as well. It will be real interesting to see how the Gophers close out the year.

If we can hold Taylor to Indiana numbers vs. Nebraska numbers, that will be the key. Game on the line I’d take Thorson over hornibrook

And take him way over Jack Coan..

All 4 games are winnable as the West if very mediocre this season with Wisconsin finally coming back down to earth some. If the offense takes care of the ball and the defense limits the number of big plays it gives up we have a shot. We won't be favored in any of the games outside of maybe Illinois but we shouldn't be massive underdogs in any of them either.

If we get the win against Illinois this weekend I like our chances of taking at least 1 of those final 3 with the potential to win more.

We should be double digit favorites at Illinois.

Purdue we were basically dead even with on the road last year and we outrecruited them, removed more redshirts, got more transfers eligible.

They haven’t won in MPLS since 2007.

We get them after a stretch where they will have played OSU, MSU and Iowa, three of the top tier teams in the Big...we will have played NE, IN, and IL, among the three worst teams in the BIg Ten...we should be more physically and emotionally up for them. If EMU found a way to beat Purdue, we can.

Northwestern hasn’t won in MPLS since 2012. They will be coming off a run of WI, ND and at Iowa...they should be beat up, possibly emotionally drained...ESPN FPI has us at 42% chance win vs NW...Connelly S&P plus has us better than NW...they don’t match up well vs RPO. Akron beat em, Rutgers almost beat em.

BYU beat WI...they have some compounding injury, discipline issues.

Right now all remaining games are winnable. Positive T/O margin in each game and Gophs chances improve quite a bit.

Northwestern can look pretty average some years, even bad early, but they somewho manage to beat Wisconsin quite a bit, yet we can beat Northwestern, o a regular basis, but have this awful streak vs. Wisconsin. Coaching staff, talent level, regardless the streak of losing continues in a very frustrating way.

All remaining games will come down to the defense and turnovers. We will be fine on offense.

With our funnel defense and questionable healthy running backs, I think we are underdogs in all our remaining games, including Illinois. The grey ghost loss is still fresh in my mind.
One win over Indiana, at home, does not make me giddy with excitement regarding future wins.
Let's just hope we don't lay an egg in any of our remaining games.

What year is NW’s QB? Asking for a friend.

With our funnel defense and questionable healthy running backs, I think we are underdogs in all our remaining games, including Illinois. The grey ghost loss is still fresh in my mind.
One win over Indiana, at home, does not make me giddy with excitement regarding future wins.
Let's just hope we don't lay an egg in any of our remaining games.

What?!

We're you confused with what I said?
If we played Illinois at home, I say we are favored. Playing at Champagne...we have nothing to point at that says we are favored. In fact, we have an a$$ kicking by a previously 0-6 team to point at in regards to why we should not be favored at Champagne.
Feel free to express why we can be confident in a win at Illinois. I don't share your confidence.

We're you confused with what I said?
If we played Illinois at home, I say we are favored. Playing at Champagne...we have nothing to point at that says we are favored. In fact, we have an a$$ kicking by a previously 0-6 team to point at in regards to why we should not be favored at Champagne.
Feel free to express why we can be confident in a win at Illinois. I don't share your confidence.

Guess I must be confused my friend. Pretty sure the Gophers are favored against the Illlini. Whether they win or not is another issue.

Wow! Just barely beat a terrible Indiana team at home and after getting destroyed by a winless Nebraska team and some other very poor performances in the Big Ten and we are now counting wins. Amazing.

Top Bottom