Shannon Brooks

It was his back the first time, but not the second. It was his knee - but not the same knee as he just injured in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looked fine walking on the sidelines after coming out of the tent. 154 in basically 3 quarters. Love watching him slide and cut when at the line to find the right whole...he gets lost in the mix with all the linemen.

He looked fine walking on the sidelines after coming out of the tent. 154 in basically 3 quarters. Love watching him slide and cut when at the line to find the right whole...he gets lost in the mix with all the linemen.

Not to be a downer, but that is actually a bad sign. You can do that on an ACL.

They gave him the ACL test on the field and then he went straight to the tent.

It was also non-contact. It kind of screams ACL to me. But that's just a guess.

Not to be a downer, but that is actually a bad sign. You can do that on an ACL.

They gave him the ACL test on the field and then he went straight to the tent.

It was also non-contact. It kind of screams ACL to me. But that's just a guess.

I agree. Hoping not, but...

Smith’s injury looked nearly identical. Same knee even IIRC. Something snapped and it’s likely he’s done.

He’ll be back next year. Definitely a simultaneously star crossed/shooting star type player. A game changer.

Smith’s injury looked nearly identical. Same knee even IIRC. Something snapped and it’s likely he’s done.

He’ll be back next year. Definitely a simultaneously star crossed/shooting star type player. A game changer.

Smith could barely walk after his...

Everyone is different- had hockey players playing on a torn ACL last year or prior year in the playoffs.

The injuries I hear about hockey players playing with are pretty amazing sometimes. Especially during the NHL playoffs.

We’re done. Without him we have like what 3 freshman running backs that aren’t very good.

We’re done. Without him we have like what 3 freshman running backs that aren’t very good.
Relax. Ibrahim and Williams are serviceable.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Ibrahim had a great game against Ohio St. I’m excited for him ... not sure what his injury has been the last two weeks??

Williams will get there, but hadn’t done a ton the last couple weeks.

he landed on the knee...

Doesn’t matter. He basically “hopped” after planting/cutting and then fell to the ground in an effort to not plant his weight on it again. Maybe he landed on it too, but the damage was already done.

I love your optimism, I have been really bummed about this injury and would love to be wrong, but non-contact injuries like SB4’s last night are almost always very bad news.

I wonder if the surface at TCF has anything to do with these injuries?

Relax. Ibrahim and Williams are serviceable.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Yes, quite serviceable. Not as good as the frontliners, but they are young, and playing time now will likely pay off down the road.

JTG

I wonder if the surface at TCF has anything to do with these injuries?

Natural grass is probably more forgiving in terms of not creating such enormous torque forces but the downside would be a lot more slipping and sliding. Cleat length could also play a role. Would be interesting to see injury stats on primarily grass teams vs artificial turf.

I think our freshman running backs are decent, but they aren't Shannon Brooks.

Ibrahim is developing, but he was out, too! Smith and Brooks are good for 100+ yards/game, maybe 150 - and that allows our QBs some room to throw. We will be underdogs in all remaining games.

I don't have a word of criticism for our two frosh RBs, but if you think they're ready for primetime, you're nuts!

We leave 50+ rushing yards on the field every week.

I don't have a word of criticism for our two frosh RBs, but if you think they're ready for primetime, you're nuts!

We leave 50+ rushing yards on the field every week.

Yup. Nobody can deny the huge difference in the offense with either Brooks or Smith out there...it's just night and day. It's been a real kick in the groin this year losing BOTH for almost the entire season. Not only are they better runners, they improve the passing game because teams need to have guys moving down into the box or at least aware.

Doesn’t matter. He basically “hopped” after planting/cutting and then fell to the ground in an effort to not plant his weight on it again. Maybe he landed on it too, but the damage was already done.

I love your optimism, I have been really bummed about this injury and would love to be wrong, but non-contact injuries like SB4’s last night are almost always very bad news.

I'll have to look at the run again myself. Not optimism on my part...we don't know the extent of it so just pointing out the interpretation of what we saw is just speculation.

If you don’t want to go back a couple pages...this is all pure speculation and doomsaying going on and there’s no actual word of any lasting injury.

He jogged off the field with the rest of the team after the game. That seems like a bad sign because you could still do that with a torn ACL but with something more minor like a sprain, I don't think they'd want him running on it. But it's hard to tell because there is a wide range of severity and levels of pain for most knee injuries.

There are a few studies on knee injuries on turf vs grass. Most show that there are higher rates of injuries on turf fields. A few show no difference. But overall they do show more injuries on turf.

My guess is this is an ACL. I am no doctor and I could certainly be wrong. I only have my experience of watching A LOT of football over the years. In that experience, I have seen a lot of guys crumple to the turf holding their knees after a non contact cut and it always seems to result in an ACL announcement within a couple days. This just sucks, if I’m right. Hope I’m wrong. It is interesting to hear he was jogging off the field later. I realize it is common to be able to walk without a limp after an ACL but it seems rare to run so shortly after. I’ll hold out hope.

didn't he have a high school injury that was significant? I recall that being mentioned as a reason why his recruitment was light for such a dynamic player. I know Rodney Smith had a similar issue, so I might be mixing the two up.

My guess is this is an ACL. I am no doctor and I could certainly be wrong. I only have my experience of watching A LOT of football over the years. In that experience, I have seen a lot of guys crumple to the turf holding their knees after a non contact cut and it always seems to result in an ACL announcement within a couple days. This just sucks, if I’m right. Hope I’m wrong. It is interesting to hear he was jogging off the field later. I realize it is common to be able to walk without a limp after an ACL but it seems rare to run so shortly after. I’ll hold out hope.

When I rewatched it a few times, it looked like one of his calfs "balled up" a bit.

At any rate, I'd like an update to end the speculation.

Top Bottom