Shannon Brooks

The depth charts have shown Ibrahim OR Williams, Femi-Cole OR Edmonds since the Miami game ... they've never been updated to show Brooks.

Fleck sucks for letting any info about the roster get out. (or a genius, depending how you look at it)

Femi-Cole won't see the field as much, unless there is no one else, otherwise he would've gotten more reps by now. It's Ibrahim, and if not him then Williams. Guess they're redshirting Edmonds unless massive injuries.

If you're going to mention Femi-Cole, what about Dom London??? First team all-state, #1 or #2 rated RB in the state. He doesn't even get to play on special teams for the Gophers, at least Femi-Cole contributes there.

Not sure if he rubbed Fleck the wrong way, didn't try hard enough in workouts, academics, no idea. But seems like he isn't even on the team.

Last edited:

It is important to establish a run game and I think we may see more running backs play. Maybe this is the game opportunity for Nolan Edmonds to get some reps.

Will they ever play Femi-Cole? What's the beef on him? He is a red shirt Junior. Will he graduate early and grad transfer?

Femi-Cole was on the field as the running back on the game winning TD toss to Bateman against Indiana. My educated guess is that he was in because he is better at pass protection than Williams and the coaching staff had the 1st down pass all dialed up and ready to go.

I think he does have some carries as well, but obviously not being given a chance to be the main RB in the offense, or he would've been given more reps by now. More of a bit player.

If it's an obvious passing down, fine, but otherwise, defense can key off of Femi-Cole being in there as a pass play.

The depth charts have shown Ibrahim OR Williams, Femi-Cole OR Edmonds since the Miami game ... they've never been updated to show Brooks. ... If you're going to mention Femi-Cole, what about Dom London??? First team all-state, #1 or #2 rated RB in the state. He doesn't even get to play on special teams for the Gophers, at least Femi-Cole contributes there.

Not sure if he rubbed Fleck the wrong way, didn't try hard enough in workouts, academics, no idea. But seems like he isn't even on the team.

I think it is the case that they definitely want Dominic London to red shirt for bunch of reasons. Edmonds is listed as a true Freshman. Dom is buried deep in the depth chart.

I think it is the case that they definitely want Dominic London to red shirt for bunch of reasons. Edmonds is listed as a true Freshman. Dom is buried deep in the depth chart.

Did you mean Edmonds to redshirt? London already redshirted last year. He basically is the same as Ibrahim. In fact, had similar type of ratings as Ibrahim ... not a consensus 3-star, some 2-star ratings .... but right now would say Ibrahim is our best RB option, if healthy. So just wonder why London isn't on the same trajectory.

Right now, our RB situation for 2020 is not looking great.

Long time till then. But no reason for confidence.

PJ on the radio now with KFAN. He didn't come right out and say it, but reading between the lines I get the impression Shannon is done for the year.

<b>I know Femi-Cole is popular with a lot of people here but I would assume that if they are not playing him it is because they feel like the guys in front of him are better.</b>If he is buried on the depth chart I am sure they would not be crushed to see him grad transfer somewhere in order to free up the scholarship.

Ah, he is older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily, however if the players keep getting injured, we've got a problem. You're not allowing for growth of the 2019 class along with the young guys we have.

Fleck said they are double-checking, triple checking, then spoke about having Shannon for another year.
I wonder if it's a partial tear and they are debating surgery or not.

Fleck said they are double-checking, triple checking, then spoke about having Shannon for another year.

Could be why it's taking so long to release info ... looking for 2nd opinions.

Not sure if you are going for sarcasm but I can see plenty of reason for confidence at RB in 2020.

Ibrahim when healthy has looked pretty good and Williams seems serviceable. Both are very young and should just improve with time and experience. Edmonds and London are unknowns at this point but 1 or both of them could turn out to be good at some point. Then you have 2 recruiting classes as well and RB is a position where someone can come in and quickly make an impact if they are good enough.

If Ibrahim can get healthy and play quite a bit down the stretch he could easily post numbers that match or surpass what both Smith and Brooks did in their freshman years.

Whatever it is, do whats right for Shannon in long run.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Regarding 2020 running back situation...

Seems a bit premature to worry about that right now.
2020 class will have a RB.

The way this is going Dr. Brooks will be able to treat his own injuries while he plays.

Ok, from the information gathered, and lack of information I think he's injured but possibly not out for the season, and Fleck is hoping to unleash him in another unnamed game to come.
At this point, we'll likely not hear a confirmation until we see him practicing again.

Will wait and see.

Ok, from the information gathered, and lack of information I think he's injured but possibly not out for the season, and Fleck is hoping to unleash him in another unnamed game to come.
At this point, we'll likely not hear a confirmation until we see him practicing again.

Will wait and see.

Yeah, based on how he is phrasing things it doesn't feel like Brooks is done for the year. Ibrahim being back for this weekend is really good news. Would be awesome if Brooks is able to play some over those final 3 games. He adds a different dimension to our offense when he is out there.

No matter what happens with Brooks over the remainder of this year I just really hope he can get healthy and play a full season next year. Kid is really talented but has been snake bit by injuries.

If it's something really minor, we've seen guys get a scope and play within a week to 10 days. All depends on the nature of the injury, the extent of the procedure, and how well the player heals. some guys just bounce back quicker than others.

Considering we are hoping to have him play next year, we won’t play him again this year unless there is no added risk of playing partially hurt.

If he's this on the fence, maybe it's a meniscus tear? and they are weighing whether to do a removal, which is typical a couple of weeks recovery, which means Brooks could be back at some point this year, or a repair, which is typically a couple month recovery.

If he's this on the fence, maybe it's a meniscus tear? and they are weighing whether to do a removal, which is typical a couple of weeks recovery, which means Brooks could be back at some point this year, or a repair, which is typically a couple month recovery.

This thread got a long way in before this entirely reasonable and consistent with the evidence possibility was suggested.

This seems to be likely. And sometimes you can't repair it, depends on the direction of the tear.

A true meniscus repair would mean he's gone for the year as you usually immobilize the knee for 6-8 weeks and the subsequent rehab is much longer than that after a removal of the torn piece.

A true meniscus repair would mean he's gone for the year as you usually immobilize the knee for 6-8 weeks and the subsequent rehab is much longer than that after a removal of the torn piece.

This is flat out not true. If you remove a torn piece the knee is never immobilized. I’ve had 4 of these. I walked out of TRIA after my most recent. Not saying he will play. But they don’t immobilize knees for a menisectomy.

Top Bottom