Shannon Brooks

Torn calf muscle. I fell to the ground far less gracefully than SB4 did. Cried some too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I torn a calf muscle also. Felt like someone had hit me with an axe.

Noticed this 15 page thread. Just wondering what happened to Brooks. Any news?

Think your best bet is to hope a new thread is started when there is actual news about Brooks. This one has pretty much gone off the rails :)

Cliff notes:

PJ said they are still double-checking and triple-checking and that he probably won't play against Illinois.

Fans from this have speculated that he has anything from a partial ACL tear, bad cramping, meniscus tear / injury, to a vasectomy.

In the end, we haven't really learned much but that he won't play this week and it's unknown for the rest of the season, but no one has said he's out for the year.

Think your best bet is to hope a new thread is started when there is actual news about Brooks. This one has pretty much gone off the rails :)

Gone off the rails…I once fell off myskateboard.
Torqued my knee pretty good.

Cliff notes:

PJ said they are still double-checking and triple-checking and that he probably won't play against Illinois.

Fans from this have speculated that he has anything from a partial ACL tear, bad cramping, meniscus tear / injury, to a vasectomy.

In the end, we haven't really learned much but that he won't play this week and it's unknown for the rest of the season, but no one has said he's out for the year.

Yep. Good kid. Hope everything goes well and that they tell us something soon too.

Summary of news to date: PJ Fleck won't confirm if water is wet. Check back later

Here's a thought -

We know more details about how Jamal Khashoggi was killed in Turkey than we know about Shannon Brooks' leg injury.

That says something about life in 2018. I don't know what it says, but it says something.

Here's a thought -

We know more details about how Jamal Khashoggi was killed in Turkey than we know about Shannon Brooks' leg injury.

That says something about life in 2018. I don't know what it says, but it says something.

I mean that's probabbly the right priorities....

Cliff notes:

I haven't ruled out Herpes

Amazing no one even knows if he was at practice this week and if so, was he in pads or doing any drills.

From the Pioneer Press:

The Minneapolis city attorney’s office has declined to press charges against Gophers running back Shannon Brooks, a spokeswoman told the Pioneer Press on Friday.

“There is insufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt,” city spokeswoman Sarah McKenzie wrote in an email.

The city attorney’s office has concluded its investigation into an Oct. 14 incident where a 911 call was placed and accusations were made against Brooks. He was arrested on the suspicion of fifth-degree misdemeanor domestic assault of his male roommate at their Minneapolis apartment. The Minneapolis police report did not list injuries for the 22-year-old roommate.

Brooks was released from jail Oct. 15 and was suspended for the Gophers’ 53-28 loss to Nebraska on Oct. 20. Gophers coach P.J. Fleck said he lifted Brooks’ suspension after consulting with U president Eric Kaler, athletics director Mark Coyle and the university’s office of general counsel; and Brooks made his season debut in last week’s 38-31 victory over Indiana.

The true senior rushed 22 times for 154 yards, with a touchdown and two lost fumbles. Brooks missed the first six games because of a left knee injury, then injured his right knee in the fourth quarter against the Hoosiers. The injury is expected to keep him out of the Gophers’ game against Illinois at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Champaign, Ill.

No surprise there. Now let’s see if a dept at the U chooses to investigate the incident. I don’t believe the U is required to in this case, because it falls outside Title IX requirements.

Farmers Alliance cultural principles example 9,044 that the culture beliefs do not apply to PJ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwH2IGCmlec

Quote: "Amazing no one even knows if he was at practice this week and if so, was he in pads or doing any drills. " Some Day above

Last edited:

Farmers Alliance cultural principles example 9,044 that the culture beliefs do not apply to PJ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwH2IGCmlec

Quote: "Amazing no one even knows if he was at practice this week and if so, was he in pads or doing any drills. " Some Day above

Are you saying that PJ and the rest of the coaches should apply Farmers Alliance to football strategy? If so, that would be entertaining. Making sure to politely tell opposing coaches their strategy before and during the games.

I believe I’ll begin hydrating in the next hour or two! :drink:

From the Pioneer Press:

The Minneapolis city attorney’s office has declined to press charges against Gophers running back Shannon Brooks, a spokeswoman told the Pioneer Press on Friday.

“There is insufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt,” city spokeswoman Sarah McKenzie wrote in an email.

The city attorney’s office has concluded its investigation into an Oct. 14 incident where a 911 call was placed and accusations were made against Brooks. He was arrested on the suspicion of fifth-degree misdemeanor domestic assault of his male roommate at their Minneapolis apartment. The Minneapolis police report did not list injuries for the 22-year-old roommate.

Brooks was released from jail Oct. 15 and was suspended for the Gophers’ 53-28 loss to Nebraska on Oct. 20. Gophers coach P.J. Fleck said he lifted Brooks’ suspension after consulting with U president Eric Kaler, athletics director Mark Coyle and the university’s office of general counsel; and Brooks made his season debut in last week’s 38-31 victory over Indiana.

The true senior rushed 22 times for 154 yards, with a touchdown and two lost fumbles. Brooks missed the first six games because of a left knee injury, then injured his right knee in the fourth quarter against the Hoosiers. The injury is expected to keep him out of the Gophers’ game against Illinois at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Champaign, Ill.

How many of you while in college have had disagreements with roommates or have been a victim of stupid pranks that went out of hand? Things can be overblown. It is youthful exuberance. Usually if I was treated out to the bars all is forgiven.

Are you saying that PJ and the rest of the coaches should apply Farmers Alliance to football strategy? If so, that would be entertaining. Making sure to politely tell opposing coaches their strategy before and during the games.

It's not me who defined the culture in three principles and does not follow them. That's all I am saying. Change the culture definitions if you don't want to follow them. The culture is about life. PJ's life is football. Lots of half truths and omissions is annoying to me...that's all I'm expressing...ONLY because it is one of his 3 core beliefs.

It's not me who defined the culture in three principles and does not follow them. That's all I am saying. Change the culture definitions if you don't want to follow them. The culture is about life. PJ's life is football. Lots of half truths and omissions is annoying to me...that's all I'm expressing...ONLY because it is one of his 3 core beliefs.

Right... Uhh, I think his principle was a bit more in house and not meant for things like...

Game strategy.
Telling preschoolers that life's gonna suck and their mom and dad are gonna die.
Giving away the secret location of the rebel base.

But feel free to be annoyed I guess.

Farmers Alliance, is that an insurance company?

Farmers Alliance, is that an insurance company?

You learn something new every day:

Farmers’ Alliance, an American agrarian movement during the 1870s and ’80s that sought to improve the economic conditions for farmers through the creation of cooperatives and political advocacy. The movement was made up of numerous local organizations that coalesced into three large groupings.

For the full fascinating story: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Farmers-Alliance

PJ said post game that Brooks is out for the year.

Top Bottom