Shannon Brooks

Nice to see many experts on this thread with personal experiences.

This is flat out not true. If you remove a torn piece the knee is never immobilized. I’ve had 4 of these. I walked out of TRIA after my most recent. Not saying he will play. But they don’t immobilize knees for a menisectomy.

If you walked out of surgery, you had menisectomies, where they take a piece of the meniscus out. There are no restrictions with that surgery as the torn tissue is removed. Meniscal repairs are a completely different surgery and are immoblized because the repaired tissue needs to be protected from re-tearing, usually 4 to 6 weeks, depending on location and difficulty of the repair.

This is flat out not true. If you remove a torn piece the knee is never immobilized. I’ve had 4 of these. I walked out of TRIA after my most recent. Not saying he will play. But they don’t immobilize knees for a menisectomy.

I said a repair not a resection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you walked out of surgery, you had menisectomies, where they take a piece of the meniscus out. There are no restrictions with that surgery as the torn tissue is removed. Meniscal repairs are a completely different surgery and are immoblized because the repaired tissue needs to be protected from re-tearing, usually 4 to 6 weeks, depending on location and difficulty of the repair.

Luckily I've had both, and you're right. If he gets it repaired he is done for the year.

Nice to see many experts on this thread with personal experiences.

If there is ever a rotator cuff injury, I'm gonna be all over it like stink on a monkey.

I can tell you from my own experience that Brooks definitely did not dislocate his shoulder. His shoulder looks fine.

I can tell you from my own experience that Brooks definitely did not dislocate his shoulder. His shoulder looks fine.

I can tell you it does not look like he got hit in the eye by a baseball.

We'll wait and see the final pronouncements by PJ Fleck. I don't think they want to risk his future playing time next year by bringing him back so soon even if it is a minor injury.

We'll wait and see the final pronouncements by PJ Fleck. I don't think they want to risk his future playing time next year by bringing him back so soon even if it is a minor injury.

One of the more intelligent posts on this thread.

I've got meniscectomy, rotator cuff and discectomy covered. Discectomy is my favorite, FWIW.

I'll throw a heart attack and cataract surgery into the mix. Broke my shoulder in '09, and they thought I might have torn my rotator cuff, but they decided the cuff was just frayed, and I was able to rehab it.

If you need anyone experienced with a Theisman-like leg break, I'm your man. Toes were pointing to roughly 7 o'clock, instead of straight up. Players were throwing up on the field.

JTG

Vascectomy. There are some colors them things just ain’t supposed to be!

I've rewatched the play where Brooks was injured several times. There is absolutely no way he will require stitches in his chin. If that were true there would have been a blood stain on his jersey down to his belly button and it would have resulted in him getting a fairly solid date to the homecoming dance. None of this has happened so I declare his chin to be okay.

I can say nearly certainly he did not suffer a severed distal nerve...

Vascectomy. There are some colors them things just ain’t supposed to be!

Wait, Shannon Brooks had a vasectomy due to this injury? Not sure I trust the doctors on that diagnosis...

I had a vasectomy once.
Not doing that again.

Wait, Shannon Brooks had a vasectomy due to this injury? Not sure I trust the doctors on that diagnosis...

OK, so I broke my ankle too. But for some reason the vascetomy is top of mind.

He did set two balls free on Friday night.

Torn calf muscle. I fell to the ground far less gracefully than SB4 did. Cried some too.

Torn calf muscle. I fell to the ground far less gracefully than SB4 did. Cried some too.

I'm sorry, how does this relate to a vasectomy? Please stay on topic.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, how does this relate to a vasectomy? Please stay on topic.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I’m thinking both involve frozen peas. Could be wrong.

Top Bottom