60 minutes segment on USC's Pete Carroll

STPGopher

Reaction score
60 minutes had a segment on USC's Pete Carroll. I only got to see the start of it, but his optimism reminded me of Brewster.

BTW Carroll had his naysayers at USC too.

It was really interesting seeing him try to help out gang members. He seemed like a good guy, I gained some respect for him. I have always thought of him as an awful coach thanks to his NFL days.

It was really interesting seeing him try to help out gang members. He seemed like a good guy, I gained some respect for him. I have always thought of him as an awful coach thanks to his NFL days.

His work with the gang members amazes me. I'm not sure that he gets anything personal out of that besides a personal satisfaction. While I may dislike the USC football program (b/c of their dominance), I find it hard to dislike Pete Carroll.

I saw it too and enjoyed it! I don't like USC at all and didn't think much of Coach Carroll after his practice stunt with the LenDale White dummy going off the roof a few years back, but I definitley have some respect for him after watching that 60 Minutes piece last night. I think what he is doing with those young men is great!

Nothing against Pete Carroll, but it's hard to swallow everything 60 Minutes serves up. They edit everything to fit their agenda. Always have and probably always will.

And he lets Will Ferrell come on campus and make goofy films with his offensive linemen. I can't link it because I am not techno-savvy, but Ferrell plays this crusty offensive line coach with these bizarre techniques. Go to Ferrell's FunnyorDie.com website and try to find them. Kind of hit or miss (as is a lot of Ferrell's stuff), but some great lines.

Carroll has always struck me as a bit goofy, but he's a decent guy and a very good coach. Nice to see him giving back as much as he is.

I also gained respect for him. Especially when the interviewer indicated that he was out well after midnight in the middle of the football season. Many coaches cannot be at all bothered, and especially during the season. The cynical side of me said that he had better continue winning, as soon as he loses a few too many, some people will start saying that he should be more concerned with his football team. But again I am very favorably impressed, it really sounds like what he does "is not all about him." Good guy

Carroll and Mack Brown are two guys that after hearing them speak, you can tell why they are such great recruiters. I think Brewster is in the mold as well.

Top Bottom