Defensive Line.

balds

Reaction score
Might as well set up four ladders or four cones. Result would be similar. Yikes.

They got a sack on the last drive which sealed the game. They weren't great though. We need real defensive ends with Big Ten Size.

They look small in places.

Many times they just got shoved to the ground almost immediately.. easy run for the RB.

When they'd try to get to the QB they were so far outside it was just holes everywhere, if IU chose to run it was daylight everywhere.

And refs that call holding

I noticed 3-4 holds on Indiana's first drive....no yellow.

But to the D-line, if they can't get to the QB they need to get vertical and get
their a hands up. Stay in your lanes and at least disrupt their throwing lanes.

Will take a 2 Khalil Mack’s, John randle, and Aaron Donald. Then we don’t need db’s that can cover a moving object. Outside of Coughlin our D-line is atrocious. Can’t shed a block, no push, and can’t set the edge.

And refs that call holding

YES! Coughlin gets held at least twice per game without it being called, and our interior DL frequently get tackled -- at least twice I saw last night!

But the pass rush from the front four is (and has been) a problem. They were able to get more creative at times the past couple weeks, but part of that was because they were playing more soft zone coverage which allows you to stunt and blitz more since your LBs don't have as many coverage responsibilities. That didn't work because the DBs were getting abused and missing tackles, so last night they went back to more man free/press coverages...but that leaves the front 4 to work alone which didn't work either. So 6 of one and half-dozen of the other. Guess they'll just keep mixing it up like they did near the end of the game last night.

Will take a 2 Khalil Mack’s, John randle, and Aaron Donald. Then we don’t need db’s that can cover a moving object. Outside of Coughlin our D-line is atrocious. Can’t shed a block, no push, and can’t set the edge.

I think OJ Smith when healthy was a legitimate DT, but I agree that the team is a year or two away from having a solid d line.

I thought our problem last year was size, this year, we just don't have any pass rushers outside of Coughlin. It's really a marvel how dominant he has been considering the other team can comfortably put an OL on an island with any of our other DL.

Our DL's inability to get any pressure on the QB is a huge problem.

Good news is Jamaal Teague should make big strides for next year. Also Alex Reiglesberher, Jason Bargy, MJ Anderson, Keonte Schad, and Chris Daniels should help us next year a little. Will still be rough next year but got the recruits for down the line. I like Dvion Harris too. Just think we need him to redshirt a year and put on some pounds from 225

Top Bottom