Job posing defensive coordinator.

should we fire Robb Smith

• Yes

Votes: 70 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
Not all on Smith. The head coach needed to intervene on the team's behalf sometime ago.

yes coyle needs to have a talk to fleck about his future or he shouldn't be here. maybe we should all email him

No worries Gopher fans there’s only a quarter and 4 minuets to go.

I'm suspecting Fleck isn't going to do anything during the season as to Smith. He'll wait until the end of the season and make decisions accordingly. Fleck knows he needs a good defense to win and to salvage his job in the long run. He'll do what is right.

I didn't vote in this poll last week.

Sorry if I'm responsible for holding up progress. :) I voted today.

JTG

Last 3 oppenents haven’t beaten any conference teams except rutgers or us...we’ve allowed 564 yards/game to those oppenents.

Last edited:

Where is the fire Fleck poll? He should fire himself after his defensive coordinator is fired.

Firing Rob Smith now only brings more attention on PJ the last 3 games of the year.
Might be better to wait until end of season.

Firing Rob Smith now only brings more attention on PJ the last 3 games of the year.
Might be better to wait until end of season.

maybe the defense can actually play without Smith in the picture. can him now

The difference between a Jerry Kill coached team with slightly less talent than a PJ Fleck coached team is Kill taught better defensive discipline and fundamentals.

Gave up 646 yards. 430 rushing. Time for Smith to go.

I hope the person who voted he shouldn’t go accidentally clicked it��. Cause wow

The difference between a Jerry Kill coached team with slightly less talent than a PJ Fleck coached team is Kill taught better defensive discipline and fundamentals.

I'm not a defensive coach or defensive player, but how do you teach them to NOT tackle?

Gave up 646 yards. 430 rushing. Time for Smith to go.

I guess but who hired him? Why not just get rid of some position coaches if you don't want to look to ultimate responsibility?

WANTED: Defensive Coordinator

REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to design a defense capable of holding opponents to less than 40 points per game

If there's anyone responsible for the numerous blockhead mistakes on defense, it's Robb Smith. He has got to go. If the Gophers continue to play like they did today, they won't be invited to any bowl. It shows how bad the defense is.

Ok, ok, I'll do it if I don't have to sit in staff meetings, learn his jargon, or be in the building with him outside of practice of course.

Coach Fleck,

Wake up! I know you are friends with Coach Smith. It's time to push friendship aside and salvage your reputation and your career.

You need to dismiss him and hire a competent Defensive Coordinator unless you want to end up like Bret Bilema with this guy in charge of the Defense.

I guess but who hired him? Why not just get rid of some position coaches if you don't want to look to ultimate responsibility?

I’m with Woodbury Tim. We gotta cut our losses with Fleck. He blew it and he let down the athletes, fans and the admin. We can’t go the KU route with this one. I know some of you will whine but no one will come here - you whining babies are wrong. Dude blew his chance.

Top Bottom