POLL: Rank Tonight's Gopher Jerseys!

How much do you like tonight's jersey combination?

• 1: Worst

Votes: 23 22.3%

Votes: 6 5.8%

Votes: 4 3.9%

Votes: 6 5.8%

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 10 9.7%

Votes: 10 9.7%

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • 10: Best

Votes: 17 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this is what kids want to hear today as long as they win more power to them.

matters to recruits.

so they're a 10.

I could personally care less about fashion.

I like the anthracite as a 1-game a year type of deal. I do think the anthracite works well with the Gold helmets. My preferred home uniform combo is Maroon jersey and gold pants. Not a fan of the white helmets, so prefer the Maroon helmets or the new shiny Gold helmets.

Loved both and voted 10!

My wife knows nothing about football, but said MN looked a lot "tougher" with the dark unis lol...

I actually liked them more than I thought.. those gold lids under the lights are ELITE.

Don't care if they wear hospital scrubs, if they win. But, MOG the school colors are Maroon and Gold, respect the school and the traditions. (Kids save your old man comments.) With the gold helmets, from my vantage point in the second deck, they looked like bead-headed prince nymphs, or worst, a Norte Dame uniform - moisture makes the gray look green!
If the program continues to use "anthracite", get more maroon on the units.

Helmets were fine but jerseys were still kinda ugly. Be better with maroon and gold accents on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugly jersey, worse than Wacker's. At least we dressed like morons on Halloween. Hopefully they are only ever worn as a costume.

I thought they looked sharp. But I'd say keep them for night games. Oh....and I agree with Golden Gophers on the back. Names only.

Or if you are going to go with Golden Gophers....do creepy halloween font with cobwebs and spiders and ghouls incorporated. [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just listened to the Sid-Dave show segment with Coach Fleck.

As I'm sure S.O.N. will report Coach said the kids love them...so we might as well get used to it. He'll do his best to connect the school colors with the past, present, and future Gophers football team but the uniform thing is all about recruiting.

Now it's the anthracite look that's hot...who knows what it will be in two years. Whatever it is we should expect the Gophers to be showing it.

BTW...I like the idea of calling them "taconite" instead of anthracite. Taconite is a somewhat gray mineral and is certainly Minnesota.

Can't get much more divided then this.

Liked them 8-10 - 38 votes
Meh 4-7 - 27 votes
Hated them 1-3 - 33 votes

As I'm sure S.O.N. will report Coach said the kids love them...so we might as well get used to it. He'll do his best to connect the school colors with the past, present, and future Gophers football team but the uniform thing is all about recruiting.

Now it's the anthracite look that's hot...who knows what it will be in two years. Whatever it is we should expect the Gophers to be showing it.

BTW...I like the idea of calling them "taconite" instead of anthracite. Taconite is a somewhat gray mineral and is certainly Minnesota.

+1 for da range!!!!!

You can see Fleck's answer on the Sports Huddle interview thread. But - for the traditionalists - Fleck said they will have alternate uniforms - in fact, his exact quote was "We'll be on the cutting edge" of this. The anthracite could be tame compared to what shows up in the future.

You can see Fleck's answer on the Sports Huddle interview thread. But - for the traditionalists - Fleck said they will have alternate uniforms - in fact, his exact quote was "We'll be on the cutting edge" of this. The anthracite could be tame compared to what shows up in the future.

Yikes.

Top Bottom