POLL: Rank Tonight's Gopher Jerseys!

How much do you like tonight's jersey combination?

• 1: Worst

Votes: 23 22.3%

Votes: 6 5.8%

Votes: 4 3.9%

Votes: 6 5.8%

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 10 9.7%

Votes: 10 9.7%

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • 10: Best

Votes: 17 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jared.Hines

Reaction score
How would you rank the jersey combination the Gophers are wearing against Indiana?

isn't there a poster whose avatar goes to eleven?

If we win, I don't care what we wear.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

The Golden Gopher on the back is perfect on the anthracite jerseys.

It's like I'm watching the Golden Gate Bridge swaying at sunset. [emoji2411][emoji41]

Best jersey combo possible. Very happy. Love them. We’ll see them again if they win

I like them. I also like shiny gold helmets, but they maybe are a bit too shiny. You can’t really see the “M” and it looks too much like you glued some metallic gold wrapping paper onto a helmet. Overall a fun look though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't care for them. I like maroon jerseys for home games

Any jersey, no matter the team, that doesn't have the player names on the back is a 1 for me. Just too hard to follow.

Worst ever. Not sure why you all like Toledo or Western, Eastern, Central Michigan team color combos? Helmets are cool, but grey/green uni's are idiotic.

How do you have a jersey combo? Isn't jersey singular? What is it a combo with? Uniform combo?

They're pretty meh jerseys.

They don't look like gopher uniforms....

They're pretty meh jerseys.

They don't look like gopher uniforms....

Had some alums with a kid who's a freshman join us. They are not really CFB fans but were there to visit son and see him in his striped "GopherAlls" for the game.

Mom had a really negative reaction to the anthracite look because they just didn't look like UM players. The fact that the kids appear to love it had no effect on her.

As for me I'm now curious of our "anthracite" record regardless of helmet style. I think it's close to 50-50 but could be way off.

BTW, the shiny gold metallic helmets are something from the upper decks at night. I don't mind them but they make me think of the Ducks for some reason...and I can't figure out why that's the case. Maybe some odd quirk of my psyche or I'm not remembering something about the Ducks?

Had some alums with a kid who's a freshman join us. They are not really CFB fans but were there to visit son and see him in his striped "GopherAlls" for the game.

Mom had a really negative reaction to the anthracite look because they just didn't look like UM players. The fact that the kids appear to love it had no effect on her.

As for me I'm now curious of our "anthracite" record regardless of helmet style. I think it's close to 50-50 but could be way off.

BTW, the shiny gold metallic helmets are something from the upper decks at night. I don't mind them but they make me think of the Ducks for some reason...and I can't figure out why that's the case. Maybe some odd quirk of my psyche or I'm not remembering something about the Ducks?

The helmets are nice.

It just there is zero gopher flavor on the rest of it...

Two sons, 16 and 13. Both play football.

They both LOVED the jersey/helmet combo.

Can't stand these uniform carousels pushed by Nike and other manufacturers. Let Oregon play that game. Let's go with traditional maroon and gold at home, with white and gold on the road. MAYBE a weird special uniform for ONE home game. Anthracite is absolutely the worst - a funeral costume.

Any jersey, no matter the team, that doesn't have the player names on the back is a 1 for me. Just too hard to follow.

I agree. We know the team name and don't need it. We don't know every player's name. Come on!!!!

I gave them a 2, but this is what's really important. I don't have any problem with another color being used in the jerseys (I'd personally like to see black used, and no nobody owns black just like nobody owns white), but I am not a fan of the anthracite color and the anthracite on anthracite looks very bland to me. I also don't like the Golden Gophers on the nameplate at all especially for a young and banged up team like the Gophers, I would have had no idea Justus Harris was the guy who got burned late if the announcers didn't tell me. That said, I am no longer in the market that matters for jerseys/uniforms and I recognize that. As long as the kids watching the games like them and the kids actually wearing the uniform are excited to put them on, I am cool with it.

I had an 8 year old with the same reaction here. He literally said “Those gold helmets are so cool, I want to play for the Gophers.” While he is only 8 and has stone hands, I imagine that’s exactly the reaction they are looking for from the young generation.

Bet those who hate them are codgers 50+ and those that like them are under 40. I am 57 and like them...need name on the back though.

I watch every game. I know nearly every player who plays by number. I agree they need names on the back.

Did not like them. Gray uniforms look like cheap practice jerseys. I could deal with the chrome helmets (still felt gimmicky) with a different jersey, but I thought it clashed with the gray.

Helmets: 10/10. We should be wearing these full time. Embrace the gold.
Unis: 2/10. Not a fan.

Loved the helmets. The jerseys could be taken or left at your convenience.

Could they at least call them something other than anthracite? Call them taconite or hematite or some ore of that color that is found up on the Same. The only anthracite coal in this state is hauled to the Becker power plant by train. Get creative.

Top Bottom