Jerseys vs Indiana

So, what is the story behind the Anthracite color? It's not my favorite look, but it's not too bad. I just wonder where the inspiration comes from?

Coal mines
So, what is the story behind the Anthracite color? It's not my favorite look, but it's not too bad. I just wonder where the inspiration comes from?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Coal mines

Yes....it's to pay respect to the miners who were injured/lost in the Soma Mine Disaster a few years back.

It’s a night game...before Halloween. C’mon, do I have to explain it to you:confused: of course, they really should be wearing the orange pumpkin helmets.

For those of you upset with the anthracite, please call Jerry Kill and express your complaints.

Sadly, the anthracite always brings me back to 2015 Michigan on Halloween *sighs*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you upset with the anthracite, please call Jerry Kill and express your complaints.
Oh I complained plenty back then too [emoji3]

Why have we not seen Goldy on the helmet this season? I thought that was a good addition to the helmet look once in awhile.

The Goldy helmet has a Gopher tail down the center. No room for that.

The anthracite jerseys say "Golden Gophers" across the nameplate on the back of the jerseys. Is that irony?

So based on this thread, gold is no longer a school color??

I hate that the back of the jerseys say golden gophers. And when they say Minnesota. That needs to end.

So based on this thread, gold is no longer a school color??

I hate that the back of the jerseys say golden gophers. And when they say Minnesota. That needs to end.

Yeah I love the uniforms but could do without the Golden Gopher on the back.

Last time I checked, gold was a precious metal. Most gold rings and jewelry have a metallic shine because true gold is metallic. In recent years, we were wearing maroon and yellow. I prefer gold to yellow. Yellow is for toilets and dandelions.

Gold color can mean many things. Ours is not metallic gold. The Gophers gold is actually "Sunglow" as:
Hex triplet #FFCC33
sRGBB (r, g, b) (255, 204, 51)
HSV (h, s, v) (50°, 99%, 98%)

The reason most large companies/institutions define colors is for branding purposes. They want the entity to be able to be easily recognized. For example, Target doesn't mess around with different shades of red.

Last night we were not easily recognizable as the University of Minnesota brand.

The anthracite jerseys say "Golden Gophers" across the nameplate on the back of the jerseys. Is that irony?

I actually liked the combo tonight. I know some people hated the gold nameplates on the whites the first game but I think that would have been slick on these unis.

Ohio St, aka helmet school, in all black alternate uniforms vs Nebraska. So much for the line that helmet schools don’t change uniforms.

We are chrome gold, white and maroon today it appears.

Top Bottom