One thing is becoming pretty clear based on the chatter

Sparlimb

Reaction score
We need a win! And tomorrow can be that game. The conversation will completely change with a win.

Get it done...

But we really need this one. ;)

I always thought the season would pivot on the five games beginning with Nebraska. We're an unfortunate 0-for-1 so far.

JTG

We REALLY needed that win with New Mexico State because if we had lost it would have been a pretty big pivot ;)

I'd argue that we could use a win every game and IF we won every game for lets say, an entire season, we'd all be very happy and supportive of the team.

I'm going to take some time to think about this one and maybe make some calls down to some science and math guys I know, but i'm willing to say that I think you're correct pending the science / math guy's response.

C9vGfzBXcAA5a-t.jpg

not sure if a win changes my feelings on the Defense, unless we somehow shutout indiana (doubt it). my Eyebrows were raised when he was first hired and after doing research saw his D's trajectory at arkansas.

Honest question, does it really matter in the long run if we win this game? This season was a developmental year to me, nothing more. Gain experience for the younger players and gear up for 2019 and beyond. Bonus if we squeaked in at 6-6 and get to a bowl game for what, so you can relive the halcyon days of 2008's Insight Bowl or the thrilling 2015 Quick Lane Bowl victory over the Chippewas? Yes there are 15 extra practices allowed with bowl eligibility but that does nothing for me as a fan. Ten years from now very few will remember 2018 football season. Historically Gopher football is a program that will have a once-in-a-decade "special" season ala 1999, 2003 or 2014 and that is still my expectation.

Honest question, does it really matter in the long run if we win this game? This season was a developmental year to me, nothing more. Gain experience for the younger players and gear up for 2019 and beyond. Bonus if we squeaked in at 6-6 and get to a bowl game for what, so you can relive the halcyon days of 2008's Insight Bowl or the thrilling 2015 Quick Lane Bowl victory over the Chippewas? Yes there are 15 extra practices allowed with bowl eligibility but that does nothing for me as a fan. Ten years from now very few will remember 2018 football season. Historically Gopher football is a program that will have a once-in-a-decade "special" season ala 1999, 2003 or 2014 and that is still my expectation.

For the fans still rowing the boat, I do think a win would be pretty important. The Gophers have lost 6 straight Big 10 games by 16 or more points. C'mon, throw us a friggin' bone...

Thank you, PJ

To answer the question yes, it matters.

I have heard that Fleck and staff made series in-roads with a couple of highly rated guys last year (high 4/5 star) type guys. Ultimately when they went elsewhere, not being a bowl team was given as one of the reasons they looked elsewhere. So yeah, I think a win towards bowl eligibility matters. A lot.

Traveling down from Fargo, with a BiZon fan and meeting up with two buddies who are bandwagon gopher fans. My first time at TCF. Here’s to a first conference win in the rain!

Traveling down from Fargo, with a BiZon fan and meeting up with two buddies who are bandwagon gopher fans. My first time at TCF. Here’s to a first conference win in the rain!

Win one for TheGophs!
Seriously hope they win and you get to see a good game.

There's a bandwagon this year? I mean we'll take all the fans we can get, but I didn't think this would be a year to pick up bandwagon fans.

There's a bandwagon this year? I mean we'll take all the fans we can get, but I didn't think this would be a year to pick up bandwagon fans.

Maybe they’re not currently on the bandwagon. Hence, the need to bum a ride from TheGophs.

But we really need this one. ;)

I always thought the season would pivot on the five games beginning with Nebraska. We're an unfortunate 0-for-1 so far.

JTG

We double-secret need this one.....

I don't expect miracles. I just want to see signs of progress. Team won 5 games last year. winning 6 games this year would be progress. 6 is better than 5. And you get a bonus prize in an admittedly low-level bowl game - but it's still a bowl game.

So yeah, I think it would be important for the team to win 3 more games this season. Realistically, that task becomes easier if they win Friday night.

Top Bottom