What do you predict the actual in-game attendance will be for Gophers/Hoosiers game?

What do you predict the actual in-game attendance will be for Gophers/Hoosiers game?

• 46,000+

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters
The TCF record low for tickets sold is 2016 NW game, 38,162. Could be a new record tomorrow night!

At least those of up who showed up the the NW game and froze our ass off got those sweet Sportsman's Guide Russian Lids. Tonight we will just get wet..

Fleck's tear down a 9 win team to build a 5 win team isn't working so far. He will start next year on the hot seat. Safe for this year no matter what. Hope it starts turning around tonight. Do not want to start over again.
Too early for this, but disappointed again.

The TCF record low for tickets sold is 2016 NW game, 38,162. Could be a new record tomorrow night!

I was there. I was shocked, too. This was during the 9-win season, the Gophers were still technically in the hunt for the B1G West crown and Minnesota fans still didn't care. I told my buddy right then that this doesn't bode well for Claeys - he just doesn't appeal to the casual fan and I will be surprised if he is not let go at the end of the season. But, of course, the whole train incident took care of that.

Last edited:

I was there. I was shocked, too. This was during the 9-win season, the Gophers were still technically in the hunt for the B1G West crown and Minnesota fans still didn't care. I told my buddy right then that this doesn't bode well for Claeys - he just doesn't appeal to the casual fan and I will be surprised if he is not let go at the end of the season. But, of course, the whole train incident took care of that.

If that scandal had never taken place .... would've been real interesting to see what Coyle would've cooked up in order to dump Claeys, to allow him to sign Fleck.

Fleck's tear down a 9 win team to build a 5 win team isn't working so far. He will start next year on the hot seat. Safe for this year no matter what. Hope it starts turning around tonight. Do not want to start over again.
Too early for this, but disappointed again.

You sound frustrated.

Frustration = Expectations - Observation

What you are observing is short of what your expectations were.
What were your expectations?

I feel like after 14's high and 15's spike in attendance and yet .... poor showing.

It would have taken some serious upsets to really get folks back.

Sadly we missed a big window there.

At least those of up who showed up the the NW game and froze our ass off got those sweet Sportsman's Guide Russian Lids. Tonight we will just get wet..

Still got mine and the one from last year as well. I also got the sweet blaze orange ball cap too. (2015?). That 2016 game the team played well. They just beat up the Cats. NW seemed to have zero interest that day. I’ll be there tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Up here in Bemidji it's really rainy and gloomy out. Not sure how it's going in the Twin Cities, hope it's somewhat dry. The weather not improving certainly wouldn't help the attendance level, especially considering the recent results and this not being a rivalry game.

Still got mine and the one from last year as well. I also got the sweet blaze orange ball cap too. (2015?). That 2016 game the team played well. They just beat up the Cats. NW seemed to have zero interest that day. I’ll be there tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went and I didn't get one ... -tears-

Don't worry the Loons game from Sunday will be the highest attended game for years.

But it will still be more boring.

IDK watching Zlatan play and slice through our defense was pretty fun and exciting to watch. It would be like Aaron Rogers coming to play against our gopher defense. And until the Gophers start winning some conference games at home they will be pretty boring.

Announced was 33,273

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those present to the end had a treat. As noted in another thread the term "masonesque" was coming into mind but certainly that did not transpire.

It was cold, wet, and fun.

I've given up obsessing about it. Games like this are the most fun because when the weather is bad it is the diehards that stick it out. The fans that are there get into it more. I had a fun time.

Those present to the end had a treat. As noted in another thread the term "masonesque" was coming into mind but certainly that did not transpire.

It was cold, wet, and fun.

Bill, don't go thinking I left early because I vacated 211. I went to the other side for the 4q to sit with my dad.;)

Almost 5K less than the previous smallest TCF crowd! We might break the record two more times next month.

I stayed and had fun, but it was a clown show of an ending. Not a good look in any way.

Bill, don't go thinking I left early because I vacated 211. I went to the other side for the 4q to sit with my dad.;)

I never think bad thoughts about you Darren. Glad you, your son, and Dad got to see some fun...

It was a really exciting game, sadly the reason it was exciting at the end is not something that has legs....

Watching on TV, it was embarrassing whenever they went to a live shot of the talking heads, showing seas of empty seats behind them.

The admin needs to admit it ****ed up with its price increases and rescind them ... and it will never happen.

(Yeah, weather and performance are also a factor, but if tickets are priced to the point where people need to buy 'em early, that can be negated a bit.)

JTG

I felt a sense of accomplishment sitting in that cold drizzle rain for the entire game and a bit of post game.... Attendance was poor from the get go, but a LOT of people streamed out during the 3rd quarter....

One of my pals pulled a late no show... I couldn't give his ticket away outside and the scalpers had fistfuls... I had it scanned to help out with the "actual" attendance numbers....

Watching on TV, it was embarrassing whenever they went to a live shot of the talking heads, showing seas of empty seats behind them.

The admin needs to admit it ****ed up with its price increases and rescind them ... and it will never happen.

(Yeah, weather and performance are also a factor, but if tickets are priced to the point where people need to buy 'em early, that can be negated a bit.)

JTG

You could get tickets for near nothing outside the stadium.... I don't think the price was the issue.

You could get tickets for near nothing outside the stadium.... I don't think the price was the issue.

I think there are plenty of people who would have been there had they still had their season tickets, but weren't inclined to show up in the rain to haggle over prices with a scalper to see an 0-4 team to play on a Friday. I had a good time at the game, but if I didn't have season tickets, I don't know that I would have been out there. Look at year over year attendance, it is tough to argue that season ticket price hikes are not a major part of our attendance problem.

Top Bottom