Tyler Johnson added to the watch list for Biletnikoff Award

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Congrats to Tyler for making the list. Imagine what his numbers would look like if he could just get rid of the pesky drops that seem to get him 1-2 times every game. Hopefully that comes as he continues to develop at the position because he has turned into a really nice player for us but those drops are killers when the ball hits him right in the hands. If he can get rid of those he has a shot to be one of the best receivers in the Nation next year and could set himself up to be a high fairly high draft pick.

Some Stickum would fix those drops...

Congrats! For those curious, there are currently 69 players on the watch list.

After this past week....TJ is 8th in the nation in receiving yards in the FBS. 3rd in the Power 5 with 807 yards. Keep it rolling. Looking like a record setting year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

After this past week....TJ is 8th in the nation in receiving yards in the FBS. 3rd in the Power 5 with 807 yards. Keep it rolling. Looking like a record setting year.
Wonder if he'd be #1 overall if he didn't drop so many easy passes. If he fixes that for next season, he will break school records easily.

Wonder if he'd be #1 overall if he didn't drop so many easy passes. If he fixes that for next season, he will break school records easily.

He needs 319 more yards this season to break the single season record. About 1400 to break the all time career record. 16 more TDS to break the career record. 4 more TDS to break the single season record.

What I think is most impressive about his national rankings is that it isn’t like we’re exactly a pass happy juggernaut like WVU who tries to throw it 50 times a day and he’s still putting up big numbers.

If the award goes to the best inside slant route runner he is a shoe in.

One of the things that sets Tyler apart is ability to cut on a dime. I got to watch him a bit as a QB in high school and now at the bigger stage he is still making D1 athletes look silly. I think that is why he is able to get open so well and then when he has the ball in space he can accelerate and cut with the best of them. He doesn’t have top end speed and he has some drops the latter of which he can hopefully fix.

He needs 319 more yards this season to break the single season record. About 1400 to break the all time career record. 16 more TDS to break the career record. 4 more TDS to break the single season record.

The career TD record may be a little tough but the 2 yardage records (season, career) and the single season TD record are all attainable. Career TD might be as well but he would have to have a huge year next year to do it, which of course would be awesome....

What I think is most impressive about his national rankings is that it isn’t like we’re exactly a pass happy juggernaut like WVU who tries to throw it 50 times a day and he’s still putting up big numbers.

This is an important part. It's amazing he's keeping up with receivers on pass happy spread offenses or teams that throw 50-60 times/game every game even when they are up by 40 points.

He is about 300 yards shy of the #1 guy in the Country right now but if he had made some of those easy catches he could certainly be pushing for a top 5 spot (currently #9 in the FBS). The easy drops are the only thing holding him back at this point.

Top Bottom