Freshman Class Update

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Freshmen Class Update

Here is an update on the status of the Freshman Class: 23 Scholarships and 9 Walk-ons.

OL Norton has left the program.

Scholarships who have played enough to burn Redshirts.
T. Smith CB
T Rush LB
R Bateman WR
B Williams RB
B Sapp III DB
M Sori-Marin LB
D Faalele OL (5th game this week-Staring RT)

Walk-ons who have played more than 4 games
Z. Annexstad QB
J Howden DB
M Janes TE (Special Teams)

Scholarship Redshirt Eligible
N Edmonds RB
J Manns WR
B Oliver LB
CJ Smith DB
A Reigelsperger DL
J Aune DB
C Dunlap JR OL
J Teague DT
A Beier OL
N Boe OL
J York OL
E Gibson WR
B Spann-Ford TE
M Ahonotu DL
A N-Okonji DL

Walk-ons
B Walker K
P Jelen RB
M Vojvodich LS
T Barron LB
M Roane DL
J Kern DL

Sophomore Nate Umlor has not played and is eligible to Red-Shirt

Last edited:

Nice work. Thanks. Interesting.

Is anyone else surprised that Howden gets snaps at Safety over Sapp?

Is anyone else surprised that Howden gets snaps at Safety over Sapp?

Sapp must not be full speed still after his injuries in HS. Maybe he never will be.

Sapp must not be full speed still after his injuries in HS. Maybe he never will be.

He plays special teams though correct? I find it hard to believe he would be playing if he was in fact not close to 100%.

How about Teague? Surprised he didn't play last week. I can't believe they'd let Royal Silver take 100% of the reps at nose/1-tech?? Gary Moore must've moved over at times, to give him a break.

Is Renner good to go this week? I thought I recall he had to come off the field in the Neb game. Maybe Teague will finally be forced into action? Guess it depends on OJ Smith back yet or not.

Then there's BSF. With as little as we use our TE, I'm guessing they're content letting him redshirt.

How about Teague? Surprised he didn't play last week. I can't believe they'd let Royal Silver take 100% of the reps at nose/1-tech?? Gary Moore must've moved over at times, to give him a break.

Is Renner good to go this week? I thought I recall he had to come off the field in the Neb game. Maybe Teague will finally be forced into action? Guess it depends on OJ Smith back yet or not.

Then there's BSF. With as little as we use our TE, I'm guessing they're content letting him redshirt.

Teague has played 2 games. I'm assuming they want to redshirt him. I imagine he will see time in two more games.

He is listed "first", with Royal Silver using the "OR" notation, at DT. But he was last week too ...

Top Bottom