Parking lots and tailgating won't start until 4pm on Friday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Thank you for your support of Gopher Football. We look forward to seeing you next week when the Gophers host Indiana on Friday, October 26th, at 7pm. This matchup will be the first Friday night Gopher Football game played in the history of TCF Bank Stadium.

Due to the unique timing of this game, all parking lots & ramps will open at 4pm on October 26th. The University has actively communicated to all faculty, students, and staff to encourage flexible scheduling options for this date in an effort to alleviate traffic and parking congestion for fans attending the game. We encourage all fans to plan for heavier than usual traffic on surface streets, as well as entering and exiting campus parking lots & ramps.

Thank you for your support of Gopher Athletics. We look forward to seeing you at TCF Bank Stadium on October 26th!

Go Gophers!!

The U of MN - constantly working to improve the game-day atmosphere.

Better drink fast, or you might have to watch the game sober. (or get a head start by drinking at work......)

Why not funnel the early birds to the East River Flats lot? There can't be that many that want to start prior to 4 on a workday- would be a good atmosphere to get them all together.

For a Friday game do many schools with the stadium right there in the mix with sharing the same parking for school / football and all .... allow tailgating in all those same lots? I doubt it.

For a Friday game do many schools with the stadium right there in the mix with sharing the same parking for school / football and all .... allow tailgating in all those same lots? I doubt it.
The Friday game schedule was known a year ago. If football was a priority amongst the Admins, why not celebrate the game and TV exposure & Shut down the school for a day? everyone have fun on campus. Perhaps some students/ faculty might actually enjoy it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Friday game schedule was known a year ago. If football was a priority amongst the Admins, why not celebrate the game and TV exposure & Shut down the school for a day? everyone have fun on campus. Perhaps some students/ faculty might actually enjoy it

A very small tail wagging an enormous dog.

Because it is a big school and not everything is football and folks schedule things way in advance?

Just seems silly.

Top Bottom